This Pork Chop Skillet Dinner is a simple and delicious one-pan meal! Pork chops are cooked to perfection with potatoes, carrots, onions and green pepper in a tomato sauce with a kick.
If you’re looking for an easy dinner recipe, you’ve come to the right place. These pan cooked pork chops are ready to enjoy in just over an hour. Prep the veggies, sear the boneless pork chops and leave your stove work its magic. Each bite is juicy, tender and flavorful.
I’m always on the lookout for more pork chop recipes because they are my partner’s favorite cut of meat. I don’t make it as much as he would like me too. I tend to lean towards chicken and beef, but pork is pretty darn good, too!
I like simple recipes that don’t require too much effort. I also want something hearty and filling. The worst kind of meal is one where you are left hungry afterwards. Not so with this recipe! You’ll be nice and full when all is said and done.
You might also like this easy pork air fryer dinner.
You’ll find the FULL printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
The ingredients you’ll need to make this pork and veggies dinner include:
- Vegetable oil
- Pork loin chops – I used boneless pork chops
- Baby potatoes – You could use regular sized potatoes too
- Onions – I prefer sweet onions
- Green pepper
- Can of tomato soup – Use the condensed tomato soup. I like Campbell’s brand.
- Tabasco sauce – Leave out if you aren’t a fan of a little heat
How to Make Pork Chop Skillet Dinner
1. Add vegetable oil to a large skillet on medium high heat. Add pork chops and sear 2 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and drain excess fat from skillet.
2. Place the vegetables in layers in the skillet. Sprinkle with salt in between each layer. First layer is the carrots. Second layer is potatoes. Third layer is onions. Fourth layer is green pepper.
3. Place pork chops on top of veggies in the skillet. Sprinkle with salt.
4. In a small bowl, stir together tomato soup, water and tabasco sauce. Pour sauce over pork and veggies. Cover.
5. Cook over medium heat for 45 minutes. Serve hot.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
These kitchen essentials will help you make this recipe.
This post contains affiliate links.
How do I know when my pork is done?
The best way to know for sure is to use a meat thermometer. I use mine all the time. You don’t need to cut into the meat and try and judge doneness. The reading will tell you if you need to cook it longer or to stop.
According to the National Pork Board, pork needs to cook to a minimum temperature of 145F. It’s considered medium-rare and may still have a little pink inside.
Medium pork is between 150F to 155F. Medium-well pork is 155F to 160F and well done is 160F. Cook this recipe until you reach your desired doneness as shown by a meat thermometer.
What to Serve with Pan Seared Pork and Veggies
It’s a meal on its own so technically you don’t need to serve it with anything unless you want to!
I recommend a salad like Cucumber Salad or Green Bean & Tomato Salad.
Or how about some rolls? Easy Garlic Twists and Cheesy Garlic Biscuits.
To drink, try something cold and refreshing like Citrus Bliss Infused Water or Strawberry Agua Fresca.
More Pork Recipes
- Savory Pork Chops
- Orange Mustard Pork Tenderloin
- Brown Sugar Dijon Pork Tenderloin
- Asian Pork Tenderloin
- Honey Glazed Pork Tenderloin
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- Pork Gyros
Follow me on Instagram @simplystacieblog, on Facebook at Simply Stacie, and on Pinterest @simplystacie and let me know how you liked this recipe and my other recipes.
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
Pork Chop Skillet Dinner Recipe
A simple and delicious one-pan meal! Pork chops are cooked to perfection with potatoes, carrots, onions and green pepper in a tomato sauce with a kick.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 pork loin chops
- 4 cups baby potatoes, sliced
- 6 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup onions, sliced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (10oz/284ml) tomato soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Add vegetable oil to a large skillet on medium high heat. Add pork chops and sear 2 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and drain excess fat from skillet.
- Place the vegetables in layers in the skillet. Sprinkle with salt in between each layer. First layer is the carrots. Second layer is potatoes. Third layer is onions. Fourth layer is green pepper.
- Place pork chops on top of veggies in the skillet. Sprinkle with salt.
- In a small bowl, stir together tomato soup, water and tabasco sauce. Pour sauce over pork and veggies. Cover.
- Cook over medium heat for 45 minutes. Serve hot.
I used boneless pork loin center cut chops.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 500Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 134mgSodium: 686mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 45g
Rhonda M. Gales says
This looks yummy, and perfect for those days when you don’t have a lot of time to cook. Thanks for sharing.