Make this creamy and cheesy soup recipe in your pressure cooker. Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup is quick, easy and loaded with cozy flavor. With simple ingredients, this soup is one your family will love!
Do you have an Instant Pot? It could be a tool you use all the time or something in the back of your kitchen cupboards collecting dust. Whatever the case, this simple creamy cauliflower soup is the perfect recipe to try with it.
I admit that I was a bit scared at first using my Instant Pot. I had never done any pressure cooking prior to owning one and I was nervous.
However, once I used it a few times, all those fears went away and now I love pressure cooking. It’s great having a recipe cook in minutes and it’s so much quicker than the traditional methods.
This recipe is done in 23 minutes! Perfect for a quick lunch or part of a weeknight dinner.
Why You’ll Love Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup
- Super fast to make
- Amazing savory flavor
- Tasty lunch or part of a family dinner
- Creamy, delicious texture
- Kid friendly
- Made entirely in the Instant Pot for easy clean-up
- Butter – You can use salted or unsalted butter. You can also use extra virgin olive oil.
- Sweet onion – You can also use red or white onion.
- Bacon bits
- Garlic salt – Make your own by mixing together 1 teaspoon garlic powder and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Ground black pepper
- Ground thyme
- Sweet paprika – You can also use smoked paprika, but it will change the flavor.
- Italian seasoning
- Cauliflower florets – Use a medium-sized head of cauliflower.
- Chicken broth – I used regular chicken broth, but you could also use low sodium.
- Cream – I use half and half cream that I put in my coffee.
- Shredded Parmigiano
How to Make Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup
Step One: Set your Instant Pot to Sauté mode. Add butter, diced onion, and bacon bits.
Step Two: Cook and stir until the butter is melted and the onions are softened.
Step Three: Add the seasoning: garlic salt, black pepper, ground thyme, sweet paprika, and Italian seasoning. Mix well until seasoning is coating the onion mixture.
Step Four: Add the cauliflower florets and mix until it is coated with the onion/bacon mixture.
Step Five: Pour in chicken broth. Mix well.
Step Six: Close the lid and set on High pressure for 8 minutes.
Step Seven: Once the 8 minutes has passed, use the quick release, and open the lid.
Step Eight: Use the immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth.
Step Nine: Add the cream and Parmigiano cheese. Mix until well blended. Serve and enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links.
What to Serve with Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup
- Homemade bread or your favorite bread
- Air Fryer Garlic Cheese Stuffed Crescent Rolls
- Grilled cheese sandwich
- Greek Chicken Salad
Substitutions and Variations
- Substitute shredded Parmesan cheese for the Parmigiano.
- Substitute any of the spices for your favorite spices.
- Use cooked ham instead of bacon bits.
- Try whole milk instead of cream for a thinner consistency.
- Try heavy cream instead of half and half for a creamier soup.
Best Way to Store Creamy Cauliflower Soup
Store any leftover cauliflower soup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Can I Freeze?
Yes, you can freeze this soup! Note if you are planning to freeze a portion of the soup do it BEFORE you add the cream and the cheese. Use a freezer proof container and freeze individual portions for up to 2 months.
When you are thawing the soup, put it in the fridge overnight. Then place the soup in a saucepan and warm up to desired temperature, stirring occasionally. Add the cheese and cream and stir.
- Shredded cheese (Parmigiano, cheddar, Parmesan, etc).
- Bacon bits
- Chopped green onions
- Fresh herbs (parsley, chives, thyme)
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Bites
- Cauliflower Bake
- Keto Cauliflower Ziti
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Air Fryer Cauliflower
You’ll also like these Instant Pot BBQ Pork Ribs.
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup sweet onion diced
- ¼ cup bacon bits
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp ground thyme
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 5 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups half and half cream
- ½ cup Parmigiano shredded
- Set your Instant Pot to Saute mode. Add butter, diced onion, and bacon bits.
- Cook and stir until the butter is melted and the onions are softened.
- Add the seasoning: garlic salt, black pepper, ground thyme, sweet paprika, and Italian seasoning. Mix well until seasoning is coating the onion mixture.
- Add the cauliflower florets and mix until it is coated with the onion/bacon mixture.
- Pour in chicken broth. Mix well.
- Close the lid and set on High pressure for 8 minutes.
- Once the 8 minutes has passed, use the quick release, and open the lid.
- Use the immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth.
- Add the cream and Parmigiano cheese. Mix until well blended. Serve and enjoy!
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.