I’ve been hearing about the Keto diet everywhere! I have a few friends that are on it and have lost a ton of weight. I decided to give it a go a few weeks ago and so far so good. The food I’m allowed to eat is right up my alley. Low carb, High fat and so delicious like this Keto Cauliflower Ziti I’m sharing today.
Keto Cauliflower Ziti
This post contains affiliate links.
I recently subscribed to a Keto subscription box (because you know how much I love my subscription boxes!) called Keto Can. Every month, they send out Keto snacks and food you can eat on a Keto diet. In the box was a recipe for Keto Cauliflower Ziti. I was intrigued. I love cauliflower pizza so was curious to see how this casserole would taste.
It tastes like lasagna, but without the carbs! Even if you aren’t a big cauliflower fan, you’ll probably still enjoy this recipe. The cauliflower acts as the noodles and takes on the flavours of the sauce.
It’s meaty, cheesy and filling! I was full after one serving. Leftovers the next day heated up in the microwave were equally as delicious. The best part was that I could enjoy comfort food guilt-free!
How to Make Keto Cauliflower Ziti
The first step is to blanche the cauliflower. Add the cauliflower florets to a boiling pot of water and cook for 3 minutes. Drain in a colander and set aside for later.
Next, you’ll need to cook the onions and beef. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until it’s softened. Then add the minced garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for one minute. Lastly, add the ground beef, salt and pepper and brown the beef.
Once the beef is cooked, stir in the tomato paste and oregano and cook for two more minutes. Stir in the crushed tomatoes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes. Turn off the heat.
Pour the meat sauce over the cauliflower and stir to combine.
It’s time to assemble! Spread out half the cauliflower mixture in a 9×13 casserole dish. Top with half the ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan. Then add the rest of the cauliflower mixture and top with the remaining cheeses.
Bake for 25 minutes and serve hot.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
My friend, Becky, was here when I made this recipe. She also had just started following the Keto diet too. We both were in heaven eating it. I gave her a plate to take home because it was just me here at home. My girls didn’t want any.
For more low carb recipes, try my Keto Cheese Balls, Keto Butter Chicken with Noodles, Keto Brussels Sprouts Casserole, Keto Zuppa Toscana, Low Carb Chicken Divan, Parmesan Crisps, Sausage & Cabbage Soup and Bacon, Spinach and Mushroom Crustless Quiche. You might also like these Keto Pecan Butter Tarts or Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake.
Even if you aren’t following the Keto diet, you should still try this recipe.
Looking for a Keto meal plan? I highly recommend this Weekly Low Carb & Keto Meal Plan. Use the code SIMPLYSTACIE for 15% off.
You might also like Kiss My Keto for more keto food and info.
Need a Ketosis Breath Sensor? Keyto has one!
Try these Keto Sweeteners from my friends at Wholesome Yum! They have Keto Granulated Sugar Replacements and Keto Powdered Sugar Replacements. Use the coupon code SIMPLYSTACIE to save 10%.
Make sure you check out these Keto Snacks from Genius Gourmet! The Chocolate Dream Bar is calling my name.
Get a personalized keto health and fitness plan from Reshape.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add cauliflower and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute. Add ground beef, salt and pepper and cook until beef is browned.
- Stir in tomato paste and oregano and cook for 2 more minutes. Stir in crushed tomatoes. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pour meat sauce over the cauliflower and stir to combine.
- In a 9x13 baking dish, spread out half the cauliflower. Top with half the ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan. Add the rest of the cauliflower and top with the remaining cheeses.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Serve hot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 bowl
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 277Total Fat: 13.1gSaturated Fat: 7.1gTrans Fat: 0.1gUnsaturated Fat: 5.3gCholesterol: 74.2mgSodium: 454.6mgCarbohydrates: 8.8gFiber: 2gSugar: 3.4gProtein: 31.4g