Low Carb Chicken Divan is simply divine! This comforting casserole has a creamy sauce made with chicken, broccoli, cheddar cheese and cauliflower rice. You won’t even miss the extra carbs.
Low Carb Chicken Divan
This post contains affiliate links.
If you are following the keto diet or a low carb diet, you need to try this recipe. I’ve been getting the Keto Can subscription box for several months and am enjoying trying the new products. This recipe was featured in one of their boxes.
It’s so good that it almost feels like you are cheating! But you’re not so you can relax a little and have a second helping if you like.
Warning: it’s filling! I had one serving and I was stuffed! Low carb food is truly delicious.
How to Make Cauliflower Rice
You can make it yourself at home with a food processor or a box grater. This post explains how to get the cauliflower into those perfect rice like bits.
Green Giant also makes a Cauliflower Rice. I found it in the frozen veggie section of my grocery store. You can use a bag of it if you want to save on time.
How to Make Low Carb Chicken Divan
The first thing to do is to melt the butter over medium heat. Add in the onions and garlic and cook until softened. Stir in the garlic salt and cauliflower rice.
Cook until the cauliflower is softened (if using raw cauliflower). If you are using the frozen cauliflower rice, cook it in the microwave first according to package directions. Then, add it in, but you won’t have to make that extra step to cook it like you would if you were using it raw.
Stir in the chicken broth and cook covered for 10 minutes.
Stir in heavy cream and lemon juice. Reduce the heat to medium low. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
Stir in mayonnaise and remove from the heat.
Add half of the chicken into the cauliflower mixture. Spread the other half of the chicken on the bottom of an 8×8 casserole dish. Top with broccoli. Then top with the cauliflower mixture. Sprinkle on the cheddar cheese.
Cover the casserole with aluminum foil or a lid and bake for 30 minutes at 350F.
Remove the cover and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Serve hot. Sprinkle fresh parsley on top if you wish.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Looking for more low carb recipes? I have a few for you to try! Check out these recipes.
- Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake: So rich and creamy! Enjoy this easy keto dessert guilt-free. Each bite is pure pumpkin heaven.
- Keto Cauliflower Ziti: Enjoy all the flavours of hearty Italian meal without the carbs! This keto casserole is meaty and cheesy.
- Cheese Chips: Delicious and so darn easy to make! This yummy appetizer is perfect for people following a low carb lifestyle.
- Parmesan Crisps: The perfect low carb snack! This easy recipe is guilt-free and delicious. Enjoy as an appetizer, in soup or salads or even as the bread for your sandwich.
- Keto Zuppa Toscana: A keto friendly version of the famous Tuscan soup! It’s filled with kale, bacon, sausage, roasted cauliflower immersed in a creamy broth.
- Keto Brussels Sprouts Casserole – Cheesy comfort food you can enjoy guilt-free! This delicious Keto casserole is made with tender Brussels Sprouts, bacon and loads of cheese.
- Keto Pecan Butter Tarts – A low carb version of Canada’s favorite dessert! Sweet, rich and guilt-free.
If you want more keto recipes, I highly recommend this Keto Meal Plan. I bought it and it’s got so many yummy recipes. Use the code SIMPLYSTACIE for 15% off.
You might also like these keto subscription boxes for Canadians.
Try these Keto Sweeteners from my friends at Wholesome Yum! They have Keto Granulated Sugar Replacements and Keto Powdered Sugar Replacements.
Looking for keto snacks? Genius Gourmet has a Chocolate Dream Bar – yum!
What is your favourite low carb recipe?
Low Carb Chicken Divan
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and chopped
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- ½ tbsp garlic minced
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 cups broccoli steamed
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tsp fresh parsley chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until onion is softened. Stir in garlic salt. Add in cauliflower rice.
- Cook until cauliflower is softened. Stir in chicken broth and cook covered for 10 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream and lemon juice. Reduce heat to medium low. Let simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in mayonnaise and remove from heat.
- Add half of chicken into cauliflower mixture. Spread the other half of the chicken on the bottom of an 8×8 casserole dish. Add broccoli. Top with cauliflower mixture. Cover with cheddar cheese. Cover casserole and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Serve hot. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.