Crispy, delicious roasted cauliflower is cooked to tender perfection in the air fryer. This Air Fryer Cauliflower recipe will quickly become your new favorite side dish (or appetizer)!
I adore cooked cauliflower, either roasted or air fried, and this is the perfect side dish for a family meal. It’s easy to make in 20 minutes and the result is perfect crispy cauliflower loaded with flavor.
Even my cauliflower hatin’ partner says it’s his favorite way to eat cauliflower. He was shocked at how tasty it was the first time he tried it. We are big fans of air fryer recipes and this air fryer roasted cauliflower is a winner.
I’m a big fan of air fryer vegetables and this simple side is one I make a few times a month to serve with our meals. Air Fryer Asparagus is also yummy.
Why You’ll Love Cauliflower in the Air Fryer
- Easy recipe made with a small handful of ingredients
- Healthy snack or side dish
- Good for a low carb diet
- Ready to eat in 20 minutes
- Pairs well with a chicken breast, wings or pork chops
- Super tasty with savory roasted flavor
- Head of fresh cauliflower
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Salt and black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
How to Make Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Step One: Preheat the air fryer to 390°F if your air fryer model requires preheating.
- Step Two: Add the cauliflower florets to a large bowl.
- Step Three: In a small bowl, combine the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Step Four: Pour the olive oil over the cauliflower and add the spice mixture. Stir well to combine cauliflower with the oil and spices.
- Step Five: Add the cauliflower to the air fryer basket in a single layer and spread evenly.
- Step Six: Cook for 14 to 15 minutes or until cauliflower is crisp and to your desired tenderness. Cooking time may vary depending on your model of air fryer. Note: larger florets may require extra time.
- Step Seven: Serve warm with a squeeze of lemon juice, freshly chopped parsley and/or grated Parmesan cheese.
This post contains affiliate links.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Roasted Cauliflower
- Baked Chicken Wings
- Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken
- Ginger Lime Chicken
- Brown Sugar Dijon Pork Tenderloin
Variations and Substitutions
- Use different seasonings if you wish. Italian seasoning is also delicious.
- Add some spicy flavor. Sprinkle on some buffalo sauce or hot sauce before serving.
- Use fresh chives or green onions for garnish instead of parsley.
- Skip the Parmesan cheese to make it dairy-free.
- Serve with a tasty dipping sauce to enjoy as an appetizer. Ranch or blue cheese dip is so good.
How to Store Leftover Air Fryer Cauliflower
Store leftover air fried cauliflower in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
How to Reheat
I highly recommend reheating leftovers in the air fryer. Set a cook time for 3 to 4 minutes at 390°F. You can use the microwave to reheat too, but it will lose some of its crispiness.
Can I Use Frozen Cauliflower Instead of Fresh?
Yes, you can use frozen cauliflower in this recipe. You don’t even need to thaw it first. For best results, though, use fresh cauliflower.
What Size of Air Fryer Do I Need?
Use whatever size of air fryer you own. If you have a small capacity air fryer, you may need to work in batches. You don’t want to overcrowd the air fryer basket. You’ll also want to keep the cauliflower florets in single layer in the basket so they’ll cook evenly.
Can I Make in the Oven
No air fryer? No problem. You can make seasoned cauliflower in the oven and it will still be crispy and golden.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place prepared cauliflower florets on a baking sheet.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until desired crispness is reached. If you use smaller florets, they won’t need to make as long.
I tend to bake my cauliflower longer in the oven because I love the caramelized flavor.
- Cauliflower Bake
- Cauliflower Baked Ziti
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Bites – If you prefer breaded cauliflower
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup
- Cauliflower Soup with Bacon
- Mashed Cauliflower
- Buffalo Popcorn
- Cauliflower Rice Enchilada Bowl
If you love easy recipes and have a head of cauliflower in your fridge right now, give this recipe a try!
Follow me on Instagram @simplystacieblog, Facebook at Simply Stacie or Pinterest at @simplystacie and let me know how you liked this recipe and my other recipes.
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
Air Fryer Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower chopped into florets
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Preheat the air fryer to 390F.
- Add the cauliflower florets to a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour the olive oil over the cauliflower and add the spice mixture. Stir well to coat the cauliflower with the oil and spices.
- Add the cauliflower to the air fryer basket and spread evenly.
- Cook for 14 to 15 minutes or until cauliflower is crisp and to your desired tenderness.
- Serve warm with a squeeze of fresh lemon, freshly chopped parsley and/or grated Parmesan cheese.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Leave a Reply