Air Fryer Crab Rangoon is a quick and easy appetizer is ready to eat in less than 20 minutes. The wonton is crispy on the outside and creamy crab filling on the inside. Perfect for parties or game day gatherings.
Meet your new favorite appetizer! This easy crab rangoon is similar to what you might find in a Chinese restaurant. I love the crunch wonton wrapper and the creamy savory crab filling inside. It tastes delicious with sweet and sour sauce.
This recipe makes about 47 individual servings making them great for small parties and get togethers. If you have an air fryer, you can whip them up in under 20 minutes! Easy peasy.
Why You’ll Love About Crab Rangoon
- Quick and easy to make in minutes
- Simple prep
- Made in the air fryer
- Incredible flavor and texture
- Looks a little fancy, but barely any effort to make
- Crispy, golden and creamy bite sized deliciousness
Ingredients for Air Fryer Crab Rangoon
This post contains affiliate links.
- Crab meat – You can use real crab meat or imitation crab meat.
- Cream cheese – I prefer the regular cream cheese (not the “light” version).
- Green onions
- Worcestershire sauce
- Garlic powder
- Wonton wrappers
- Grapeseed oil – Or any other high heat oil that is safe for the air fryer. I use an oil sprayer to spray it in the air fryer basket.
How to Make Air Fryer Crab Rangoon
Step One: In a medium sized bowl, stir together crab meat, cream cheese, green onions, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder.
Step Two: Spread out wonton wrappers on a flat surface. Add 1 teaspoon crab mixture to the center of each wonton wrapper.
Step Three: Dip clean fingers into water and run finger along the outside of the wrapper to wet the edges.
Step Four: Fold opposite corner of wonton wrapper to make a triangle, making sure the edges are sealed.
Step Five: Fold remaining three corners in towards the center to make a little bundle.
Step Six: Preheat air fryer (if your model requires preheating) to 350F and 8 minute cook time. Spray air fryer basket with grapeseed oil.
Step Seven: Place crab rangoons in the air fryer and spritz with grapeseed oil. You may need to work in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
Step Eight: Air fry for 8 minutes. At the 4 minute mark, open the air fryer and spritz crab rangoon with more grapeseed oil. Continue to air fry for the remaining 4 minutes, or until golden.
Step Nine: Let cool slightly before serving.
Equipment Needed to Make Easy Air Fryer Crab Rangoon
Other Appetizers to Serve with Crab Rangoon
- Oven Baked Chicken Wings
- Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
- Cheesy Potato Skins
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Use soy sauce instead of Worcestershire sauce
- Use freshly minced garlic instead of garlic powder
- Add crushed red chili flakes to make it a little spicy
- Add a 1/2 teaspoon of sugar to the cream cheese mixture for a touch of sweetness
How to Store Leftover Crab Rangoon
You can store any leftover crab rangoon in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
Can I Freeze?
You have two options here. You can store the leftover cooked air fryer crab rangoon in freezer bags or a freezer safe container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Alternatively, you can also store the uncooked crab rangoon in the freezer in either freezer bags or an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight when you are ready to cook them.
How to Reheat
You can heat up the crab rangoon in the air fryer. Super simple!
Set the air fryer to 300F and a 5 minute cook time. Place them in a greased air fryer basket and air fry for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Save time by using a store-bought sauce to accompany the crab rangoon. I like the bottled sweet and sour sauce found in the Asian foods section of the grocery store.
- Use an oil sprayer to spray the crab rangoon halfway through the cooking time to keep them nice and crispy.
- Use a high heat oil like grapeseed oil so your crab rangoon won’t burn in the air fryer. Other high heat oils include sesame oil, vegetable oil, or avocado oil.
- To quickly soften cream cheese, place cream cheese on a microwave safe plate and microwave at 5 second increments until softened.
What is Crab Rangoon?
Never heard of crab rangoon? You’re not alone. I only discovered these bite sized gems of yumminess in recent years.
Crab Rangoon are popular in American Chinese restaurants. They are a crispy wonton wrapper bundle with a mixture of crab, cream cheese and spices. Typically they are deep-fried, but you can also enjoy them baked in the oven or air fried like in this recipe I’m sharing with you today.
Why Make Them in an Air Fryer?
I like using my air fryer for convenience and speed. I find they create a crispy and crunchy wonton and cook the inside to creamy perfection.
I’m also pretty obsessed with my air fryer. If I can air fry a recipe, I’ll do it!
What Type of Crab to Use?
The beauty of this recipe is that you have a few options to use for the crab.
You can choose to use imitation crab meat. It’s affordable and still tastes yummy.
You can also use canned crab meat, fresh crab meat or frozen crab meat (that you’ve thawed).
If I see canned crab meat on sale, I usually will buy a few extra cans to keep on hand. This recipe is versatile so don’t stress too much on what kind of crab to use.
What Sauce to Serve with Crab Rangoon?
- Sweet and sour sauce (I have a homemade sweet and sour sauce you can check out or use store-bought)
- Thai peanut dipping sauce
- Plum sauce
- Soy sauce
- Sweet chili sauce
Where to Find Wonton Wrappers
I find the wonton wrappers in the produce section of my grocery store. They are typically found beside the egg roll wrappers.
How to Bake Crab Rangoon in the Oven
No air fryer? You can bake crab rangoon in the oven.
Place crab rangoon on a greased baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 425F oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Candied Pecans
- Air Fryer Potato Chips
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Oreos
- Air Fryer Pizza
- Air Fryer Pasta Chips
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Air Fryer Ravioli
- Air Fryer Fried Pickles
- Air Fryer Crab Cakes
- Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
- Air Fryer Corn Ribs
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
- 1 cup crab meat, chopped small
- 1 (8oz/250g) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 47 to 50 wonton wrappers
- Grapeseed oil, to spray air fryer
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together crab meat, cream cheese, green onions, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder.
- Spread out wonton wrappers on a flat surface. Add 1 teaspoon crab mixture to the center of each wonton wrapper.
- Dip clean fingers into water and run finger along the outside of the wrapper to wet the edges.
- Fold opposite corner of wonton wrapper to make a triangle, making sure the edges are sealed.
- Fold remaining three corners in towards the center to make a little bundle.
- Preheat air fryer (if your model requires preheating) to 350F and 8 minute cook time. Spray air fryer basket with grapeseed oil.
- Place crab rangoons in the air fryer and spritz with grapeseed oil. You may need to work in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Air fry for 8 minutes. At the 4 minute mark, open the air fryer and spritz crab rangoon with more grapeseed oil. Continue to air fry for the remaining 4 minutes, or until golden.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
OXO Good Grips 12-Inch Stainless-Steel Locking Tongs
Pompeian 100% Grapeseed Oil, Light and Subtle Flavor, Perfect for High-Heat Cooking, Deep Frying and Baking, 68 FL. OZ.
Ninja Foodi AG301 5-in-1 Indoor Electric Countertop Grill with 4-Quart Air Fryer, Roast, Bake, Dehydrate, and Cyclonic Grilling Technology
Nutrition Information:Yield: 47 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 32Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 63mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g