If you’re a huge fan of uber-cheesy pizza laden with toppings and rich tomato sauce, then you’ll adore this pizza dip.
It’s technically a hot dip appetizer that you can serve before dinner. But you’ll often catch me whipping this up with a bowl of tortillas for the ultimate movie-night snack!
Just throw on your favorite toppings, dial up the cheese factor to 10, and prepare for the ultimate Italian-themed dip.
The first time I whipped this up, it was genuinely a revelation. Seriously, people couldn’t stop eating it! And the constant compliments from friends and family didn’t hurt either.
It’s one of those dishes that I don’t recommend making if you’re trying to cut back on calories, as you’ll devour the entire thing before you know it.
To make things even more appealing, it takes just minutes to prepare but doesn’t lose its signature cheesiness as it cools.
As long as you get the base ingredients down, you’ll be left with a beautifully layered dip packed with cream cheese, pizza sauce, and a mishmash of onions, green olives, and pepperoni!
But hey – the beauty of this pizza dip is that you can use whatever you want to spice things up.
Jalapenos? Sure thing. Pineapple and ham? You bet. Broccoli, mushrooms, and green pepper for a veggie delight vibe? Why not!
Why You’ll Love This Pizza Dip
- It’s a hot appetizer that’s incredibly easy to make.
- It can be made ahead for an easy game-night treat (that won’t take you out of the action!).
- You don’t need pizza dough – just tortilla chips or a few baguettes to mop up the magic.
- You can switch out the suggested toppings in this recipe for your favorites to keep things customized.
- It’s perfect for those cheese cravings when you don’t want to resort to takeout pizza!
- Cream cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Green olives
How to Make Pizza Dip
- Step One: Preheat oven to 350F.
- Step Two: Press the cream cheese into the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan.
- Step Three: Spread pizza sauce over the cream cheese and layer the remaining ingredients on top.
- Step Four: Bake for 25 minutes. Serve hot with corn chips or tortilla chips.
You don’t need much to bring this incredible pizza dip to life. But with these stellar pieces of equipment, you’ll be good to go!
This post contains affiliate links.
What to Serve with Pizza Dip
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- You’ll want to use a brick cream cheese for the richest results. If you’re planning to make this pizza dip, take the cream cheese out of the fridge to soften for a couple of hours before you start cooking. This lets it incorporate nicely into the final mix.
- You can use store-bought pizza sauce for ease, but don’t be afraid to whip up your own for a fresher flavor.
- You can use fresh mozzarella if you want, but pre-grated varieties hold up better in the oven and are far easier to work with.
- Don’t forget to leave the dip to cool for around five minutes before serving. It’ll be piping hot and will give you a burnt tongue otherwise!
Variations and Substitutions
- If you want to give everyone their own pizza dip, it’s worth dividing the dip mixture into separate pots for baking. Cook them for the same amount of time until they’re golden for the perfect game-night delight!
- Feel free to throw dried pepper flakes into the pizza sauce mixture to give things a hint of spice.
- Mozzarella is the key ingredient to the cheesy top, but you can mix things up by throwing in parmesan cheese for extra nuttiness and creaminess.
- Don’t be afraid to add fresh (or dried!) herbs to the top of your pizza dip once it’s cooked for extra flavor.
Once you’ve baked your pizza dip, you can transfer it to an airtight container for up to three days.
If I’m being honest though, I suggest eating it the day. This way, it’ll taste as fresh as possible.
When you need to reheat it, you can gently warm it in the microwave or put it in the oven for 5 minutes or so.
Can I Freeze?
Believe it or not, you can freeze pizza dip to enjoy at a later date. The only thing you need to remember is to freeze it before it’s baked.
Then, you can let it thaw the night before and bake it according to the recipe’s instructions.
Once you’ve put the dip in the oven, it’s not a great idea to freeze it as the texture will deteriorate.
Can Pizza Dip be served cold?
I wouldn’t recommend serving Pizza Dip cold. For best results, serve it hot and fresh out of the oven.
Refrigerate any leftovers and then reheat them in the microwave when you are ready to serve again.
What other pizza toppings can I use in Pizza Dip?
Pretty much whatever pizza toppings you like! Here are some ideas:
- Ground beef
- Grilled chicken
- Roasted garlic
- Green pepper
Pizza Inspired Recipes
We love pizza and I have several pizza inspired recipes in my recipe box.
- Pizza Tater Tot Casserole – This comforting casserole has three layers of goodness. Use your favourite pizza toppings to create the perfect family meal.
- Pizza Rolls – Soft and buttery crescent rolls filled with gooey melted cheese and pepperoni slices. Add some pizza dipping sauce on the side and you have a tasty appetizer kids love!
- Pizza Cake – This five layer cake is a real showstopper and pizza lover’s dream! Surprisingly, it’s not that hard to make with the right tools.
- Deluxe Pizza Burgers – Loaded to the max with all your favourite pizza toppings. Take one bite and you’ll see why my family raves about these delicious burgers!
- Pizza Wonton Cups – An easy appetizer baked in a crispy wonton shell and full of cheesy pizza goodness. Try them once and they may become an instant family favourite!
- Pizza Hot Dogs – American classics combine! Swap the traditional toppings for marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni.
What pizza toppings will you use in this Pizza Dip?
You’ll also like this Spinach Artichoke Dip.
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
- 1 package cream cheese 8oz/250g package, softened
- 1 can pizza sauce 7.5oz/213ml can
- ⅓ cup sweet onions chopped finely
- 1 ½ cup mozzarella cheese shredded fine
- ⅓ cup green olives sliced
- ¼ cup pepperoni cut into quarters
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Press cream cheese into the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan. Spread pizza sauce over the cream cheese. Layer the remaining ingredients on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Serve hot with corn chips or tortilla chips.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.