Prep this easy breakfast casserole the night before and bake it in the morning. Overnight Bacon Breakfast Casserole is made with loads of bacon, mushrooms and cheese!
Overnight Bacon Breakfast Casserole
I am a huge fan of the overnight breakfast casserole. In the mornings, I never feel like making a big breakfast. We’ll usually have toast or cereal. It’s a special occasion when I make bacon and eggs. I think it’s because my to-do list is long and I don’t feel I have the time to spend in the kitchen making a fancy breakfast.
When I prepare breakfast the night before, it’s another story. I can pop it in the oven and bake. No clean-up. No prep work. Easy peasy. I love it.
This Overnight Bacon Breakfast Casserole is one of my family’s favorite breakfasts. I mean, what’s not to love about bacon and cheese. It’s comforting, delicious and fills you up for hours. I think it’s a yummy way to start your day and give you the energy to get whatever it is you need to do done.
Breakfast casseroles are popular around the holidays when company is coming over to visit. You want to make the extra effort for your guests and this easy recipe is sure to impress.
Overnight Bacon Breakfast Casserole Ingredients
The ingredients are nothing fancy. You probably have everything you need to make this recipe right now in your kitchen.
You’ll need the following ingredients:
- White bread with the crusts taken off
- Sliced mushrooms
- Green onions
- Cheddar cheese
How to Make Overnight Bacon Breakfast Casserole
Do all the prep work the night before, if you wish. You could also prepare it the day of, too. Either way works.
Start by greasing a 9×13 casserole dish.
Place bread slices on the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle with bacon, green onions, cheese. Cover with more bread slices.
In a bowl, stir together milk and eggs. Pour over the bread.
Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
Preheat the oven to 350F. Bake for 1 hour, uncovered.
You can garnish with more sliced green onions if you wish. Cut into pieces and serve hot.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
These kitchen tools will help you prepare this recipe.
This post contains affiliate links.
Savory Overnight Breakfast Casseroles
I have several more savory overnight breakfast casserole recipes to try!
- Sausage & Butternut Squash Breakfast Casserole – A delicious, hearty and easy breakfast casserole recipe perfect to serve to your holiday guests!
- Bacon, Spinach & Mushroom Crustless Quiche – This easy breakfast can be prepared the night before and popped in the oven the next morning.
- Hash Brown Quiche – A delicious and hearty breakfast to fill up your mornings.
- Crustless Bacon and Cheese Quiche – Perfect for a low carb diet.
- Try this yummy Bacon and Egg Biscuit Casserole.
You’ll also love these Breakfast Sliders, Scrambled Egg Casserole, Oven Scrambled Eggs or Wife Saver Breakfast.
What is your favorite overnight breakfast casserole recipe?
You’ll also like these Banana Bread Overnight Oats.
Overnight Bacon Breakfast Casserole
Prep this easy breakfast casserole the night before and bake it in the morning. Made with loads of bacon, mushrooms and cheese!
- 12 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 284ml can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- Grease a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Place 6 bread slices on the bottom of the casserole dish. Sprinkle with bacon, green onions, cheese. Cover with remaining 6 slices of bread.
- In a bowl, stir together milk and eggs. Pour over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Bake for 1 hour, uncovered. Garnish with additional green onions, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 451Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 174mgSodium: 838mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 25g
Leave a Reply