Baked Bean Casserole is a little bit sweet, a little bit sour and a whole lot of fibre! This protein-packed meal has three different types of beans, and two different kinds of meat. Pair it with a simple salad for a satisfying meal.
This delicious and easy baked bean casserole is the perfect recipe to make for your family dinner. With red and white kidney beans, bacon, and ground beef, this will surely be a meal the whole family enjoys.
It’s packed full of goodness. Get that fiber into you and enjoy a hearty meal.
Baked bean casserole is a bit like a chili, minus the chili powder, but it’s not soupy. It’s meaty, bean-y, and soooo flavorful. You are going to LOVE this easy recipe. Our family sure does.
It’s got a bit of a sweet and sour thing going on with the sweetness of the brown sugar and the tang of the vinegar. And it has bacon! Everything is better with a little bacon added in.
Why You’ll Love this Delicious Ground Beef and Bean Casserole
- Good source of fiber
- Perfect meal for the whole family
- Simple to make – only 4 steps
- Simple to make with lots of pantry ingredients
- Ground beefOnions
- Brown sugar
- White vinegar
- Pork and beans
- Red kidney beans
- White kidney beans
- Salt and pepper
- Green onions (optional)
How to Make Baked Bean Casserole
- Step One: Preheat oven to 350F.
- Step Two: In a large pot over medium-high heat, cook bacon, hamburger, onions, and ketchup until meat is cooked and onions are softened.
- Step Three: Stir in brown sugar, mustard, vinegar, pork and beans, red kidney beans, white kidney beans, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Step Four: Add mixture to a 9×13 casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes. Serve hot. Sprinkle on green onions if desired.
This post contains affiliate links.
What to Serve with Best Baked Bean Casserole Recipe
It’s a meal on its own, but if you wanted to add a nice salad you could. I wouldn’t recommend potatoes or rice with it because I think that would be too much starch. It’s already a heavy meal with all the beans.
Try these yummy recipes on the side:
- Instead of ground beef, try substituting in ground chicken or turkey.
- You can add in a can of chili for a spicy kick.
- If you don’t want to use bacon, replace it with ham instead.
- Add or substitute in other types of beans such as red beans and pinto beans.
Best Way to Store Leftover Baked Bean Casserole
Store Baked Bean Casserole in the fridge, covered in an airtight container, for up to 3 days.
Can I Freeze?
Prepare the casserole recipe as directed and let it cool. Then store it in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
Feel free to make extra by doubling or tripling the recipe to freeze for later.
- Kidney Bean Bake
- Bean Salad
- Southwestern Turkey 5 Bean Chili
- White Bean Turkey Chili
- Slow Cooker Black Beans
- Dr. Pepper Baked Beans
You’ll also like Mom’s Macaroni.
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
- 1/2 lb bacon, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 1/4 cups pork and beans
- 2 1/4 cup red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 1/4 cup white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped green onions, for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large pot over medium high heat, cook bacon, hamburger, onions and ketchup until meat is cooked and onions are softened.
- Stir in brown sugar, mustard, vinegar, pork and beans, red kidney beans, white kidney beans and salt and pepper to taste.
- Put mixture into a 9×13 casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes. Serve hot. Sprinkle on green onions if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 444Total Fat: 4.4gSaturated Fat: 1.4gTrans Fat: 0.1gUnsaturated Fat: 1.6gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 487.7mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 14.8gSugar: 19.3gProtein: 31.2g