Before Bridget was born in 2004, I followed a vegetarian diet. I missed meat though, especially steak. I started eating meat right before she was born because of my low iron levels and nothing else was working. The first thing I ate? Yep, steak!
Every summer I look forward to firing up the grill and enjoying a thick piece of juicy steak…medium rare! Our barbecue is kaput right now so I’ve been making do with the Foreman grill. It’s almost as good as the real thing and will work until we can buy a new barbecue.
I recently made this recipe for Sirloin Steak with Tangy Herb Sauce from the Inspired website. It’s amazing! Try it!
You’ll also like this Blackened Steak.
- ½ cup lightly packed flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup lightly packed fresh cilantro
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp Oregano Seasoning Paste
- ⅛ tsp dried chili peppers or jalapenos
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1 piece Sirloin Flap or regular sirloin steak
- In a small food processor, combine parsley, cilantro, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano paste, dried chili peppers and 1⁄2 tsp salt and process into a smooth paste.
- Preheat barbecue to high. Place beef in a shallow baking dish and spoon half the paste overtop, spreading over both sides of meat with back of spoon.
- Sprinkle both sides of beef with remaining salt. Grill approx. 7 min. per side for medium-rare. Do not flip more than once. Remove beef from barbecue and let rest, 10 min. Thinly slice against the grain and serve with remaining paste.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 405Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 735mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 27g