With their tender and juicy texture, smothered in a sweet and savory sauce, these Slow Cooker Honey Bourbon Steak Bites are easy to make and perfect for busy nights when you want a yummy and satisfying meal that the whole family will enjoy.
You are in the right place if you have been seeking new slow cooker recipes. These slow cooker honey bourbon steak bites are perfect for your meal rotation. Cooked to perfection in a sweet and savory sauce, these morsels of deliciousness are sure to please your taste buds.
This recipe uses only a few ingredients and is perfect for steak lovers of all ages. The sweetness of the honey, combined with the wonderful flavor of bourbon, creates a delicious sauce that perfectly compliments the juicy steak. These slow cooker honey bourbon steak bites are the perfect crowd-pleaser for a weeknight meal, potluck, or game day gathering.
Why You’ll Love Slow Cooker Honey Bourbon Steak Bites
- Simple Ingredients: This recipe uses several ingredients you probably already have. It’s a convenient meal to make when you want to use some simple ingredients.
- Easy to Make: This slow cooker honey bourbon steak bites recipe doesn’t require fancy cooking techniques. You will have a delicious dinner perfect for any in a few easy steps.
- Convenience: Using your slow cooker allows you to combine all the ingredients, then set it and forget it. This is perfect for busy weeknights when you want a delicious and hearty meal to end the day.
- Crowd-Pleaser: These Crockpot honey bourbon steak bites are an absolute crowd-pleaser, making them perfect for a complete meal, hearty appetizer, or game day treat. Serve them at your next potluck, and watch how fast they disappear.
- Versatile and Customizable: Not only can these slow cooker steak bites be served in several different ways, with several different accompaniments, but they are also very customizable. You can quickly adapt this recipe to suit your needs and make substitutions where necessary.
The full printable recipe card with measurements and instructions is found at the bottom of the post.
- Bite-sized pieces of steak
- Brown sugar
- Lite soy sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- Minced garlic
- Black pepper
- Apple cider vinegar
- Fresh parsley garnish
How to Make Slow Cooker Honey Bourbon Steak Bites
- Step One: Sear the steak bites quickly in a large skillet over medium-high heat. You just want to get a little color on the outside; we are not looking to cook the meat through.
- Step Two: Add the steak to the slow cooker.
- Step Three: In a small bowl, combine the bourbon, honey, brown sugar, ketchup, lite soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, black pepper, and apple cider vinegar.
- Step Four: Pour the sauce all over the steak bites.
- Step Five: Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until the steak bites are fork-tender.
- Step Six: If the sauce is too thin at the end of cooking, combine the water with the cornstarch and stir that into the sauce to thicken it up.
- Step Seven: Serve!
This post contains affiliate links.
What to Serve with Slow Cooker Honey Bourbon Steak Bites
Pair this delicious recipe with some of your favorite sides. It goes well with quite a few different accompaniments and sides.
- Roasted Root Vegetables
- Steamed Vegetables
- Mashed Potato Casserole
- Cauliflower Rice
- Watermelon and Feta Salad
- Egg noodles
- Garlic Bread
- Copycat Texas Roadhouse Rolls
- Air Fryer Corn Ribs
- Quinoa or Couscous
- Sautéed Spinach or Kale
Variations and Substitutions
- Spicy Kick: Add a pinch of red pepper flakes or a dash of hot sauce to the sauce mixture for a spicier flavor profile. It will help to add a punch of spice to the dish.
- Citrus Twist: Incorporate citrus flavors by adding a splash of orange or lemon juice to the sauce. This adds a delicious, fruity component to the sweet and savory sauce, brightening the recipe.
- Herb Infusion: Stir in chopped fresh herbs like rosemary, thyme, or oregano for an aromatic twist. Fresh herbs add brightness to the sauce, creating more depth of flavor.
- Asian Fusion: Replace bourbon with sake or rice wine, and substitute soy sauce with teriyaki sauce. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions. This is a fantastic twist to the recipe and creates a delicious take on Asian steak bites.
- Bourbon: If you prefer not to use alcohol, replace bourbon with an equal amount of beef broth or apple juice.
- Lite Soy Sauce: Regular soy sauce can be used if you don’t have lite soy sauce. Just taste the sauce first to ensure it isn’t overly salty.
- Steak Cut: Feel free to use any high quality cut of beef you desire. Sirloin, London broil, chuck roast, or stew beef all work well in this recipe. It is entirely a matter of personal preference.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: If you don’t have apple cider vinegar, replace it with white or rice vinegar.
- Ketchup: If you’re looking for a less sweet alternative, tomato paste mixed with water can substitute ketchup.
Having leftovers of these juicy steak bites is highly unlikely. They are just too delicious and disappear so fast. However, if you have leftovers or want to prepare them, they can easily be stored for future enjoyment. Simply place them in an airtight container and store them in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Can I Freeze?
Yes. This recipe can be made ahead and frozen. Allow your cooked steak bites to cool first. Transfer them to a freezer-safe container or zip-top bag and place them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Choose the right cut of beef: To get optimal results and tender beef, you will want to choose the right cut. Cheaper cuts of beef tend to be tougher, especially when slow cooking, so opt for a cut that works for you. Chuck roast, London broil, sirloin, or stew beef works well. You can also opt for ribeye or tenderloin. Either way, you will be cutting the steak into bite-sized pieces.
- Sear: Don’t skip the searing step in this recipe. Searing your steak bites creates a deeper flavor to the meat.
- Don’t overcook: While slow cooking is designed to tenderize your meat, overcooking it can still result in tough meat. Aim for fork-tender results when creating this recipe.
- Thicken the sauce: If your sauce ingredients have made the sauce a little too runny, you can correct that by using a cornstarch slurry. Mix equal parts water and cornstarch and add it to the mixture; it will thicken as it cooks.
What Kind of Steak to Use?
Several different types of steak can be used in this recipe. You want to ensure you choose a cut that will tenderize properly in the slow cooker. You can use sirloin steak, Chuck roast, London Broil, or stew beef. Just make sure to cut your steak into bite-size pieces and pay attention while the steak cooks. The perfect steak will be fork tender.
Substitute for Bourbon
If you would rather omit the bourbon this recipe calls for, there are a few alternatives. You can easily use apple juice beef broth in its place. Just make sure to use the same measurements.
How to Thicken the Sauce
If your sauce isn’t as thick as you would like, create a cornstarch slurry using equal parts water and cornstarch. Start with one tablespoon increments. Stir the mixture into the sauce and continue to cook if you need to add more, gradually until your sauce reaches the desired consistency.
- Thai Flank Steak Kebobs
- Sirloin Steak with Tangy Herb Sauce Recipe
- Chimichurri Steak Salad
- Blackened Steak
- Mushroom Swiss Steak
- Slow Cooker Mushroom Steak Bites
This easy recipe makes approximately 4-6 servings. It can easily be doubled if you feed a crowd; just adjust the cooking time accordingly.
These slow cooker honey bourbon steak bites take 10 minutes of prep time and approximately 4 hours of cooking time. You will have a delicious meal in about 4 hours and 10 minutes.
Slow Cooker Recipes
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Potatoes
- Salsa Chicken Slow Cooker Recipe
- Slow Cooker Rodeo Sloppy Joes
- Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding Slow Cooker Recipe
- Slow Cooker Lasagna
- Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli Ramen
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Beef Stew
Slow Cooker Honey Bourbon Steak Bites
- 2 lbs steak cut into bite-sized pieces, sirloin, london broil, chuck roast or stew beef
- ¼ cup bourbon
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- Parsley garnish, optional
- Sliced green onions garnish, optional
- Sear the steak bites in a large skillet over medium-high heat just enough to get some color on the outside, but not enough to cook through. Add the steak bites to the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, stir together the bourbon, honey, brown sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, black pepper and apple cider vinegar. Pour over top of the steak bites in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours or until the steak bites are fork tender.
- If the sauce is too thin at the ned of cooking, combine the water with the cornstarch and stir into the sauce to thicken it. Serve hot.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.