I hated cauliflower with a passion until I was in my 20s. Why? I don’t really know. Maybe it was the smell as they were cooking or how they looked. Now? Love it. I can’t get enough cauliflower and use it often in recipes. Isn’t it funny how tastes change as you age?
This Creamy Cauliflower is an easy side dish with a flavourful sauce that makes it more palatable for those picky eaters. It tastes even better heated up the next day for leftovers.
Packed full of mouthwatering flavour! It tastes even better heated up the next day for leftovers.
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- fresh parsley, for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375F. Bake cauliflower on a baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- While baking, stir together the rest of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Transfer cauliflower to a casserole dish. Pour sauce over top. Bake for another 10 minutes or until cauliflower has reached desired tenderness. Serve hot.
The Dijon mustard is a powerful addition to this creamy sauce. If you aren’t a fan of the strong flavour, use less of it or simply omit it. I love Dijon mustard so I said the more, the merrier!
We served it with some baked chicken. It would also make a wonderful side to your Thanksgiving dinner. Hopefully, it will entice some picky eaters to try it and maybe even to convert them to cauliflower fans.
What are your thoughts on cauliflower? Love it, hate it or meh?