Buffalo Chicken Pizza is a quick and easy pizza recipe that can be made in under 30 minutes! Tender chicken, spicy buffalo sauce, and the tang from the blue cheese. This Buffalo Chicken Pizza recipe is incredibly easy to whip up for your pizza cravings.
I hope you aren’t tired of pizza because I have another yummy recipe to share today! I don’t think I could ever tire of pizza. There are too many ways you can make it unique. Of course, you have the basics with the crust, sauce, toppings and cheese. Where it gets interesting is with the variety of ingredients. With pizza pretty much anything goes. Like I said before, the crust is your canvas…
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
We are fans of Buffalo Chicken Wings with the fixins’. I recreated this spicy, flavour-packed meal on a pizza. The sauce is Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce. Add some chopped chicken breasts, crumbled blue cheese, a little green onion, and melty mozzarella. Dip your slices in Ranch dressing if you like to cool down the heat of the sauce.
Looking for more Buffalo Chicken recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders | Little sandwiches that carry a nice pack of heat. Cheesy, savory, and tender chicken and miniature buns.
- Homemade Buffalo Chicken Dip | Such a popular chicken dip that will get gobbled up. This dip is cheesy, and a great for parties, game-day fun and more.
- Buffalo Popcorn | This popcorn will be a fun treat to whip up for movie night. A popcorn that carries a kick with each crunchy bite.
How to Serve Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Serve with a side of celery and carrots with a Ranch dressing. That makes it a little healthier right? Or you can even opt to pair with a crisp green salad. Or go crazy and pair with some buffalo wings for added indulgence if you will.
If you are a fan of buffalo wings, chances are, you’ll enjoy this pizza too. It’s delish!
Do I Have to Use Blue Cheese for Buffalo Chicken Pizza
No, you don’t have to use blue cheese for this pizza. Blue cheese is an acquired taste. I find people either love it or hate it. I personally love the pungent flavour. John, on the other hand, said that he would have preferred it without. He said the pizza was delicious except for the cheese. Keep it or leave it depending on your own personal taste.
What to Swap for Blue Cheese on Pizza
Reach for classic mozzarella cheese in replace of the blue cheese. I find it works just as good. If you are like our home, a house that is divided, then divide up the pizza. On part add in the blue cheese and other half do mozzarella. It works, and everyone can get the flavors they enjoy!
Check out my other pizza recipes
- Vegetable Pizza
- Italian Meatball Pizza
- Sweet Chili Chicken Thai Pizza
- Chicken Bacon Alfredo Pizza
- Cheeseburger Pizza
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Start by rolling out and pre-cooking your pizza dough partly. Then work on spreading the hot buffalo sauce around the pizza dough and leaving a gap for the edges. Then add on your favorite toppings, and bake until golden in color and toppings are melted. Slice and serve and enjoy!
Can I Use Shredded Chicken Instead of Cubed Chicken
Of course. You can use any pre-cooked chicken that doesn’t have a ton of spices or seasoning added to it. You don’t want it overpowering in flavor or it will affect the outcome of the pizza.
What is the Best Buffalo Sauce to Use
You are welcome to use a homemade buffalo sauce or buy your favorite brand. Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce is a rather popular sauce and the one I personally used. But, know there are tons of brands out there that you can honestly buy and use.
It is all about personal preference, so buy what you like. It is a strong flavor and will stand out in the pizza so quality is key. If you buy a cheap sauce you will be able to taste it in your pizza.
Best Way to Store Leftover Pizza
You can allow your pizza to cool down and then store any leftovers you have in an airtight container in the fridge. Or if you have a sealable bag you can easily place the slices flat inside and go that route. Then store the pizza in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Can I Freeze Leftover Pizza
You can freeze this pizza if you don’t plan to eat it all. Just allow it to cool and then place in a freezer-friendly container. Store up to three months in the freezer. Thaw in the fridge before you go to reheat it.
You’ll like this Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings.
I’m curious – are you a fan of blue cheese? Would you add it to the pizza or leave it off?
- 1 Pillsbury Pizza Crust (or your own homemade pizza crust or other brand of refrigerated pizza crust)
- ¾ cup FRANK’S® RedHot® Buffalo Wings Sauce
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- Prepare the pizza crust according to package directions. For the Pillsbury Pizza Crust I used, I greased a pizza pan and spread the dough to fit. Then I pre-baked for 8 minutes in a 400°F oven.
- Spread Buffalo sauce over pizza crust, leaving a gap around the edge.
- Evenly distribute green onions and chicken over the sauce. Then top with blue cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake an additional 7 to 10 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 414Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 1511mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 25g