Italian Sliders are the most delicious game day appetizer packed full of flavor. Mini sandwiches are layered with cheese, ham, pepperoni, salami and pesto and brushed with melted butter. They are fast and easy to make and always a hit.
Slider sandwiches are both an easy dinner idea and an amazing appetizer for any time of year. I can never resist these easy baked Italian sliders when I see them on the table. They are have so many of my favorite things delivered in the most perfect way.
The great thing about them is that you can customize them to suit whatever your preferences are. Switch out the meats or cheese or try a different sauce if you don’t like pesto. Easy peasy.
The little Italian sandwiches are the perfect party appetizer and typically never last long. You might want to be prepared to make a few batches. If there are some leftover, they are yummy for you to enjoy the next day, too!
Why You’ll Love These Easy Italian Sliders
- Perfect appetizer for parties and gatherings
- Can also be an easy meal to serve to your familyMinimal effort to make
- The ultimate comfort food to satisfy your cravings
- Ready to enjoy in about 20 minutes
- Ingredients can be easily swapped to suit your family and friend’s tastes
- Can be made ahead of time
- King’s Hawaiian Slider Rolls – I used 2 (9-count) packages.
- Basil pesto
- Provolone cheese
- Italian hot ham or Capicola
- Sandwich pepperoni
- Genoa salami
- Roasted red peppers
- Mild banana peppers
- Salted butter
- Everything seasoning
- Marinara sauce – For dipping if you like.
How to Make Italian Sliders
- Step One: Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. If not pre-sliced, slice the slider rolls in half.
- Step Two: Place the bottom halves on the baking sheet and evenly spread pesto on the bottom half and the top half.
- Step Three: Begin layering, starting with 8 slices of provolone cheese.
- Step Four: Then layer on 16 slices of hot ham, 16 slices of pepperoni and 16 slices of salami.
- Step Five: Evenly distribute the roasted red peppers and banana peppers and then top with the other 8 slices of provolone.
- Step Six: Place the other half of the slider buns on top.
- Step Seven: Brush on the melted butter and sprinkle on everything seasoning.
- Step Eight: Cover loosely with foil and bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
This post contains affiliate links.
What to Serve with Italian Sandwich Sliders
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Italian Herb Soup
- Potato chips – Try my Air Fryer Potato Chips
- Air Fryer Pretzel Bites
Variations and Substitutions
- Mix in 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning into the melted butter mixture instead of the everything seasoning. You can also use it in addition to the everything seasoning if you like.
- Don’t like pesto? Try these one of these options instead: whole grain mustard, tomato sauce, garlic aioli, mayonnaise, or Italian dressing.
- Try extra virgin olive oil instead of the butter to brush on the top. You can mix 1 teaspoon of garlic powder in to give it some yummy flavor.
- Switch out the cheese. Try mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese or whatever cheese you love.
- Substitute poppy seeds for the everything seasoning.
- Change out the deli meats to whatever you like. Some ideas are deli ham like black forest ham, roast beef, thick sliced pepperoni, or other Italian cold cuts.
- Try some yummy add-ins like olives, capers, artichoke hearts, arugula, bell peppers or red pepper flakes.
Wrap any leftovers up in plastic wrap or store in an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Can I Freeze?
Yes, you can freeze them if you store them properly! No one likes hard crusty bread.
First, wrap the sliders either as a slab or individually in plastic wrap. Then wrap again in aluminum foil. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Before you reheat them, make sure to thaw them out completely.
How to Reheat
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the sliders on a baking sheet and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 10 minutes or until heated through.
Do I Have to Use Hawaiian Rolls?
No, you don’t have to use Hawaiian sweet rolls. They can be hard to find depending on where you live.
Use a package of dinner rolls instead.
Can I Serve Them Cold?
Yes, you can if you like. I don’t mind them cold at all. They are best served warm so you get the benefit of the melty cheese. I’ll eat them either way!
How to Keep Sliders Warm for a Party
- Keep them covered with aluminum foil after you bring them out of the oven.
- Use a chafing dish or warming tray.
- Use a heated blanket or a heating pad under the dish with the sliders.
- Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Thanksgiving Sliders
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Cheeseburger Sliders
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Sliders
- Breakfast Sliders
- Meatball Sliders
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
- 2 packages King's Hawaiian Slider Rolls 9 count package
- 1 cup basil pesto
- 16 slices provolone cheese
- 16 slices Italian hot ham
- 16 slices sandwich pepperoni
- 16 slices Genoa salami
- 1 cup roasted red peppers sliced
- 1 cup mild banana pepper rings
- ¼ cup salted butter melted
- 2 tbsp Everything seasoning
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. If not pre-sliced, slice the slider rolls in half.
- Place the bottom halves on the baking sheet and evenly spread pesto on the bottom half and the top half.
- Begin layering, starting with 8 slices of provolone cheese, 16 slices of hot ham, 16 slices of pepperoni and 16 slices of salami.
- Evenly distribute the roasted red peppers and banana peppers and then top with the other 8 slices of provolone.
- Place the other half of the slider buns on top.
- Brush on the melted butter and sprinkle on everything seasoning.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.