Chicken Fajita Wonton Cups are the best handheld Mexican fusion appetizers ever! Stuff these super crispy wonton wrappers with juicy chicken and zesty peppers and onions with your fave taco toppings.
I love a flavorful and easy appetizer recipe you can make in a flash before guests arrive. These Chicken Fajita Wonton Cups are the perfect Mexican-inspired dish with a little Asian flair, too. Fill these super crispy wonton wrappers with all your fave Mexican flavors for one savory bite!
I make these every holiday season alongside my cheesy bacon pinwheels because EVERYONE loves them. Add a little spice or keep them mild. And don’t forget the garnishes like sour cream, shredded cheese, and green onions.
The crispy wonton cups serve as the perfect dish to eat saucy and spicy chicken fajitas. To save time, prepare the wonton cups ahead of time. You could also prep the chicken fajita mix prior to the gathering, but make sure you heat it up before you put it in the wonton cups. These taste best hot!
Disclosure: I am participating in the Chicken Farmers of Canada campaign managed by SJ Consulting. I received compensation in exchange for my participation in this campaign. The opinions on this blog are my own.
- Wonton wrappers: I love to use wonton wrappers for so many appetizers! You can fill these crispy cups with any flavor profile.
- Chicken: I usually use boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this dish. For more delicious recipes, make sure you visit Chicken Farmers of Canada. They are my go-to source for all things chicken. I’ve made many of their recipes over the past several years and all have turned out fabulous. It’s a site worth bookmarking.
- Peppers: I use all the bell peppers for this appetizer recipe! Red, green, orange, yellow — all are welcome here.
- Onion: Everything tastes better with a little onion! You can use a diced white or yellow onion in these chicken fajita wonton cups.
- Fajita seasoning: Buy a packet or make your own fajita seasoning! It adds so much flavor to these bite-size wonton cups.
Add these Chicken Fajita Wonton Cups to your holiday menu. You can thank me later once your guests gobble them up. If they are anything like my family and friends, they’ll be asking you for the recipe. I bet they’ll be shocked at how easy they are to make.
What I Used For This Recipe
This post contains affiliate links.
- Muffin pan: There are so many things you can make with a muffin pan other than cupcakes! I love to use it to make amazing single serve mashed potatoes.
- Measuring spoons and cups: You barely need to measure for this chicken fajita appetizer recipe. You can easily double or triple it depending on your crowd! I’ve even made these for a quick dinner on a busy school night.
How To Make It
- First, spray the muffin tin with oil, and line the cups with 2 wonton wrappers each. Bake until crispy.
- Then, sauté the chicken until it’s fully cooked.
- Now, add all the bell peppers, chopped onion, and fajita seasoning to the pan. Continue cooking until the veggies have softened.
- Add a couple spoonfuls of filling to the wonton cups with all your fave garnishes.
When serving these at a party, I set up a platter with bowls of shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream, and green onions so everyone can garnish their own. I prefer mine with the works with a whole lot of flavor going on!
How to Store Wonton Cups
If you want to make this recipe ahead of time, you can easily bake the wonton cups the night before your party and fill them right before guests arrive!
Luckily, empty cups are just as crispy and fresh up to 24 hours later. Simply bake as directed and store them in an air-tight container on the kitchen counter. Keep them out of the fridge, or they’ll lose crispiness!
Since the filling will make the cups soggy over time, I don’t recommend filling them too far in advance. You can always make the filling the night before, too, and reheat it before filling the cups.
What To Serve With This
These Air Fryer Garlic Cheese Stuffed Crescent Rolls are a quick and easy snack or appetizer. Warning: They’re addictive!
Bacon Ranch Deviled Eggs are a delicious savoury twist on classic deviled eggs. The filling is a divine mixture of creamy ranch dressing, bacon, Dijon mustard and chives.
Keep it low-carb with these Keto Cheese Balls! They’re so flavorful with cream cheese rolled in bacon, chives and pecans.
Everyone loves a good dip. I make this creamy white chicken chili dip in a Crockpot for an easy appetizer recipe all your guests will love.
More Party Food Recipes You’ll Love
- One-Pot Chicken Fajita Rice
- Chicken Bundles
- Pizza Wonton Cups
- Chicken Fajita Foil Packets
- Taco Wonton Cups
- More appetizer recipes
Do you have any amazing finger food recipes? I’m always looking for more recipes to try! Follow me on Instagram @simplystacieblog, on Facebook at Simply Stacie, and on Pinterest @SimplyStacie and let me know how you liked this and my other recipes!
- Cooking spray
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped small
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 orange pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (1oz/24g) package Fajita seasoning mix
- Sour cream, salsa, shredded cheese, green onions, for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray. Line each muffin cup with a two wonton wrappers each. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium high heat. Cook chicken for 5 to 7 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add green pepper, orange pepper, yellow pepper, onion and Fajita seasoning mix and stir to combine. Cook for an additional 5 minutes or until veggies are slightly softened.
- Add 1 to 2 tsp of fajita mixture to wonton cups. Top with sour cream, shredded cheese and green onions, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 84Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 135mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g