Air Fryer Mozzarella Balls
My favourite appetizer when I am out at a restaurant is Mozzarella Sticks! Having a delicious sweet dip on the side, they are a tasty, and ideal appetizer for many! I had never thought about making my own until recently, and I for sure thought when I decided to make this recipe up that they’d be way too hard for me actually to pull off. I decided on Mozzarella balls instead of sticks, as they’d be a great app and small enough for little kids hands!
A lot of recipes I had seen people whip up Mozza sticks with use cheese strings. I am not a big fan of cheese strings, so I knew I didn’t want to go that route. To me, when it comes to cooking and baking – fresh is best!
I have also been trying to stay away from fried foods. Although delicious, it’s just not as healthy as I’d prefer and the grease can do a number on one’s tummy. Air Frying food has been something I have been doing for a few months now and enjoy it. Not only do the foods turn out crispy, but they are just a much better tasting food in my opinion than frying in oil!
These are full of flavour and are easy to make despite my hesitation at first. Kids love them, and they are crispy and have a great crunch to them with a sweet soft cheesy filling! Not using processed cheese I find made them taste that much better. Of course, if you’d like to use cheese strings to simplify the process they’ll still taste and turn out amazing, I just prefer using fresh when I can!
You can freeze these and make them the same day, or freeze them up to a week before air frying and they’ll still be just as delicious!
This post contains affiliate links.
Pull out some deliciousness at your next get together or potluck! Take fresh, not frozen and be sure to make it known they were whipped up at home and fried in the air fryer – I bet your guests will be pleasantly surprised and pleased!
You might also like these Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts.
- 2 cups fresh grated mozzarella
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp Parmesan
- Preheat air fryer to 400F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Add cornstarch and Parmesan to shredded cheese and mix well.
- Roll cheese into bite-size balls and put in freezer (45- 60 mins).
- In a small bowl, beat your egg.
- In another small bowl, combine salt, garlic powder and bread crumbs and mix well.
- Dip your cheese balls in the egg and coat well.
- Roll egg coated balls in bread crumbs and place back on baking sheet.
- Put in freezer for 20 mins.
- Repeat the egg and bread steps and place in fryer basket.
- Cook on 400F for around 10 minutes being sure to rotate frequently.
- When the balls start to melt, transfer them back to your baking sheet. Let rest for a couple of minutes.
Accompany your fresh Mozza balls with a beautiful marinara sauce or any of your other favourites.
- GoWISE USA 5.8-Quarts 8-in-1 Electric Air Fryer XL + 50 Recipes for your Air Fryer Book (Black)
- Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
- Kirkland Signature Non Stick Parchment Paper, 205 sqft
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 ball
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 206 Total Fat: 14.6g Saturated Fat: 9.1g Unsaturated Fat: 4.8g Cholesterol: 66.4mg Sodium: 627.4mg Carbohydrates: 5.2g Fiber: 0.2g Sugar: 0.8g Protein: 13.3g