Cheesy Bacon Pinwheels
I look forward to Christmas every year because I get to visit with family and friends I don’t see very often. I’d be lying if I didn’t say that I also like it for the fabulous smorgasboard of food. You can always count on a variety of treats and sweets for every palate. Sometimes, I go a bit overboard and make too much food. But hey, leftovers are fine with me. This holiday season, I’m serving up these delightful Cheesy Bacon Pinwheels. They are quick to whip up for unexpected guests and are typically gone before you can say “Cheese” for the camera.
They are best served hot and fresh from the oven. That way everyone can experience all that gooey cheesy goodness. Plus, the addition of bacon really sends this appetizer over the top.
It’s a bit of a shortcut recipe because it uses refrigerated crescent rolls. I used the grands because my store was out of the regular ones. I use them a lot in recipes because they are so versatile. They come on sale often so grab a bunch when you see them because there is always lots of ways to use them in recipes.
You might also like these Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts.
For more holiday recipes, make sure you check out my Holiday Entertaining Guide. It will keep you stocked up on delicious recipes to serve this Christmas.
What appetizers are you serving this season?
- 1 250g package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 package crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, pepper, bacon, onion and cheddar cheese.
- Separate crescent roll dough into two rectangles. Spread cream cheese mixture over crescent roll dough and roll up starting at the longest side. Seal edge with your fingers. Cut each roll into 8 slices. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes. Serve hot.
I used Pillsbury Grand Crescent Rolls.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 109Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 199mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g