If you’ve ever wondered what the difference was between butterscotch and caramel, let me enlighten you. It’s pretty simple. Butterscotch is made with brown sugar while caramel is made with white sugar. I’m fond of both flavours and use them quite a bit in my baking. With my latest monkey bread kick, I wanted to incorporate the yummy, rich flavours of butterscotch into a recipe. The result was this sublime Butterscotch Pecan Monkey Bread made with butterscotch chips, brown sugar and pecans. Craving a little decadence? This is your recipe.
Butterscotch Pecan Monkey Bread
I slathered on the butterscotch sauce so this recipe is ultra sweet and rich. One serving idea is to put a piece in a bowl and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. It will melt against the warm butterscotch sauce.
The recipe bakes in about 40 minutes. Make sure you check the middle since that tends to be the last place that bakes. If you notice it’s looking a little raw still, leave it a bit longer. Everyone’s oven will be different.
Do you have a favourite butterscotch dessert?
- Cooking Spray
- 2 cans Pillsbury Grands Crescent Rolls
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a fluted tube pan with cooking spray.
- Open crescent rolls and tear along perforations. Roll each triangle up. Cut into one-inch pieces. Place half of dough in the pan. Spread 1/8 cup each of chopped pecans and butterscotch chips on top.
- Put remaining dough in pan and top with the rest of the butterscotch chips and pecans.
- Mix together melted butter and brown sugar. Pour evenly into pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until dough is cooked all over and golden brown. Let cool 10 minutes before flipping upside down a serving plate. Serve warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 349Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 304mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 2g