This crispy appetizer is packed with melted cheese and flavorful ground beef for a delicious snack. Dip these Cheeseburger Egg Rolls in your favorite condiments!
These easy cheeseburger egg rolls are a must-make at your next party. They make an excellent game day snack during football season and are the perfect appetizer for dunking. Everyone loves cheeseburgers and in egg roll format? Yum!
I’ll sometimes make them for dinner for the whole family just to keep things interesting. Everyone can choose their favorite dipping sauce and enjoy a fun meal.
Try this awesome snack next time cravings hit. Homemade cheeseburger eggrolls are an easy recipe to make and you can have a unique fast food experience right at home. No drive thru or trip to your local Cheesecake Factory required.
Why You’ll Love Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
- Have a restaurant experience at home
- Can be customized to suit your taste preferences
- The cheeseburger filling is perfectly spiced and so flavorful
- A delicious appetizer for parties
- Ready to eat in under 45 minutes
- Can also be made in the oven and air fryer
- Lean ground beef
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Black pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Diced onions
- Diced dill pickles
- Egg roll wrappers
- Oil for frying – I like vegetable oil
- Water for brushing
How to Make Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
- Step One: Preheat 3 inches of oil to 375°F in a large stockpot.
- Step Two: In a large skillet over medium heat, add ground beef, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and cumin. Cook until browned. Once cooked, remove from heat and drain excess grease.
- Step Three: In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine seasoned beef, cheddar cheese, onion and pickles.
- Step Four: Place the egg roll wrapper on a clean work surface with one corner facing you. Spoon 3 tablespoons of the meat mixture in the middle of the wrapper.
- Step Five: Fold the bottom corner up and over the filling. Next, fold the two outward corners into the center like an envelope. Brush the remaining top corner with a little water and roll the egg roll up to seal. Repeat rolling process with the remaining wrappers.
- Step Six: Once all the egg rolls are wrapped and the oil is heated, carefully add 4 egg rolls to the hot oil. Fry 3 to 4 minutes or until sufficiently browned.
- Step Seven: Once cooked, remove from the pot and place on a plate or baking sheet lined with paper towels. Repeat the frying process until all remaining egg rolls are fried. Serve with condiments.
This post contains affiliate links.
What to Serve with Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
Why not make it a cheeseburger night and serve with other cheeseburger inspired recipes!
- Impossible Cheeseburger Pie
- Cheeseburger Salad
- Cheeseburger Chowder
- Cheeseburger Muffins
- Cheeseburger Pizza
Variations and Substitutions
- Try another kind of shredded cheese in place of the cheddar. Mozzarella cheese would be tasty.
- Dill pickle relish can be used instead of the diced pickles.
- Change up the flavor by adding 1 to 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce to the beef mixture while its cooking.
- Make bacon cheeseburger egg rolls by mixing in chopped cooked bacon with the cooked ground beef.
- Try ground turkey or ground chicken instead of ground beef.
- Make a hamburger egg roll by leaving out the cheese.
Store leftover egg rolls in an airtight container or plastic ziptop bag in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Can I Freeze?
Yes! You can freeze cheeseburger egg rolls cooked and uncooked. Wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and then again in aluminum foil. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw completely before cooking or reheating.
Can I Make Ahead?
Yes, you can make this recipe up to a day in advance if you like.
You can cook them the day before and store, covered, in the fridge. Use an air fryer to crisp them back up. Cook at 350°F for 2 to 4 minutes, until they are hot.
You can also prepare them ahead of time and not cook them until you are ready to eat. Store in the fridge, covered. Let them sit out on the counter while you heating up the oil so they aren’t too cold when they go into to cook.
- Serve with these yummy dipping sauces!
- BBQ sauce
- Fry sauce
- Cheese dip
- Secret sauce
- Thousand Island Dressing
Air Fryer Method
You can also make this recipe in your air fryer! Cook at 400°F for 7 to 10 minutes. Flip the egg rolls half way through.
Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. You may need to work in batches.
Keep an eye on the first batch since air fryers can vary greatly depending on the make and the model.
You can also bake them in the oven. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lay out the egg rolls on a baking sheet.
Brush both sides of the egg rolls with extra virgin olive oil.
Bake for 8 minutes. Flip the egg rolls over and bake for an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until the wrapper is golden brown.
Easy Appetizer Recipes
- Air Fryer Crab Rangoon
- Oven Baked Chicken Wings
- Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
- Air Fryer Fried Pickles
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Cheeseburger Dip
- Cheeseburger Sliders
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
- 1 lb ground beef
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1 ¼ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ⅓ cup onion diced
- ¼ cup dill pickles diced
- 15 eggroll wrappers
- Preheat 3 inches of oil to 375°F in a large stockpot.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add ground beef, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and cumin. Cook until browned. Once cooked, remove from heat and drain excess grease.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine seasoned beef, cheddar cheese, onion and pickles.
- Place the egg roll wrapper on a clean work space with one corner facing you. Spoon 3 tablespoons of filling onto the center of the wrapper. Fold the bottom corner up and over the filling. Next, fold the two outward corners into the center like an envelope. Brush the remaining top corner with water and roll the egg roll up to seal. Repeat rolling process with the remaining wrappers.
- Once all the egg rolls are wrapped and the oil is heated, carefully add 4 egg rolls to the preheated oil. Fry 3 to 4 minutes or until sufficiently browned.
- Once cooked, remove from the pot and place on a plate or baking sheet lined with paper towels. Repeat the frying process until all egg rolls are fried. Serve with condiments.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.