A salad that tastes like a cheeseburger? Oh yeah, it exists.
Taco Salad exists so why not Cheeseburger Salad? It’s easy to whip up, tastes delicious and you can easily make it low carb by leaving out the bun croutons.
Get that same great cheeseburger taste anytime of year. No BBQ required!
Throw in your favourite cheeseburger toppings. I stuck to the more traditional toppings, but you could easily experiment and add different ones if you prefer.
You’re in for a hearty meal with this simple recipe! It’s a real crowdpleaser that will soon become a family favourite.
For more cheeseburger recipe twists, try my Cheeseburger Pizza, Impossible Cheeseburger Pie, Cheeseburger Chowder and Cheeseburger Muffins. You might also like this BLT Salad.
Are you a fan of the flavours of a juicy cheeseburger?
You’ll also like these Cheeseburger Egg Rolls.
The best burger salad recipe! Skip the bun and add cheesy ground beef, tomatoes, and hamburger bun croutons to this filling dinner salad.
- 4 sesame seed hamburger bun tops, cut into cubes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup dill pickles, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 head romaine lettuce, sliced thin
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425F. Place hamburger bun cubes on a baking sheet. Bake for 3 to 5 minutes or until toasted.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Brown ground beef. Drain off excess fat. Stir in half of the onion, ketchup, mustard and pickles.
- Add lettuce, beef mixture, tomatoes, cheese and remaining onion to a large bowl and toss. Add croutons and toss.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 bowl
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 259Total Fat: 8.1gSaturated Fat: 3.8gTrans Fat: 0.2gUnsaturated Fat: 3.5gCholesterol: 48.1mgSodium: 480.2mgCarbohydrates: 26.7gFiber: 3.3gSugar: 10.5gProtein: 17.3g
Elizabeth Matthiesen says
Great photos Stacie. I’ve never heard of a cheeseburger salad, you do come up with some interesting recipes.