Sweet Potato Pie
If you love Pumpkin Pie, you are going to love Sweet Potato Pie! It tastes almost the same with a similar texture. I know some of you are looking for Thanksgiving desserts, so here you go. Sweet Potato Pie is the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving dinner table.
Sweet Potato Pie
I’m a fan of sweet potatoes and typically eat them in savoury recipes. Sweet potato fries? Yes, please!
A friend suggested that I make her recipe for Sweet Potato Pie and I said I’d give it a try. I was curious to see how it compared to my all-time fave, Pumpkin Pie.
We all loved it. I didn’t even tell my daughters that it wasn’t Pumpkin Pie. They probably wouldn’t have eaten it had they known. I added some ice cream on top and served them a plate. The pie was devoured in a matter of a day.
How to Make Sweet Potato Pie
This recipe makes two 9-inch pies.
Add the eggs, cooked mashed sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, pumpkin pie spice and evaporated milk to a large bowl. Beat together with an electric mixer on low until combined. Pour into two pie shells.
Bake at 425F for 15 minutes. Turn the heat down to 350F and bake for another 45 minutes. Cool before serving.
Top it with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. It’s an amazing way to end a meal.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links.
My oldest daughter will be coming back for Thanksgiving this year. She’s away at university in Southern Ontario. I plan on making this Sweet Potato Pie recipe again for her since I know how much she likes it.
Have you tried Sweet Potato Pie?
- 2 9″ deep dish pie shells, unbaked
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 425F. Beat together eggs, sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, pumpkin pie spice and evaporated milk with an electric mixer on low until combined. Pour into pie shells.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350F and bake for another 45 minutes. Cool before serving.
- OXO SteeL Pie Server
- New Star Foodservice 42917 Stainless Steel 4pcs Measuring Cups and Spoons Combo Set
- KitchenAid KHM7210CU 7-Speed Digital Hand Mixer with Turbo Beater II Accessories and Pro Whisk - Contour Silver
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 265 Total Fat: 11.4g Saturated Fat: 3.1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7.7g Cholesterol: 31mg Sodium: 308.5mg Carbohydrates: 35.8g Fiber: 1.8g Sugar: 15.6g Protein: 5.4g