Taco Pizza is a tasty way to dress up your Taco Tuesday! This Taco Pizza is loaded with taco meat, toppings, and cheese! Slice and serve up this satisfying taco pizza recipe today.
We are fans of tacos and taco salad. As it turns out, we also like Taco Pizza! I don’t think I’ve ever seen a pizza get eaten this quickly in my home. It was gobbled up while it was still hot from the oven.
Start the recipe like you would if you were going to make a batch of tacos. Brown lean ground beef in a frying pan and then add your taco seasoning mix and water, according to the package directions.
Once your crust is ready, spread on the taco sauce. Salsa would also work. Add your cooked ground beef mixture, tomatoes, cilantro and jalapeno slices for a spicy kick. I topped mine with melted marble cheese, but regular cheddar would also be fine.
How Do You Serve Taco Pizza
I also served it with a dish of sour cream for dipping. I find the jalapenos a little spicy so I need something to cool me down! You could also dip in ranch dressing, salsa, or eat plain!
Tacos make a darn good pizza. I’m very pleased with how well this recipe turned out. It’s not as messy as eating a taco. They always break apart on me and I ended up eating the toppings and tacos separately. With this pizza recipe, if you are careful enough, you can eat it mess-free. Though I think a couple toppings dropping down isn’t so bad. As long as they hit your plate and not the floor!
Can You Tame Down The Jalapeno on Taco Pizza
Yes, you can easily tame down the heat on the jalapenos. Simply core the peppers to remove the seeds and white flesh. Then rinse really well to wash off any excess oil.
Or if you like the flavor of jalapeno but don’t want any heat at all, reach for canned jalapenos. Just drain them well and then top your pizza and bake accordingly.
The jalapenos add tons of flavor, but I understand if you don’t want the heat that comes with it.
Looking for More Pizza Recipes
- Chicken Pesto Pizza | If you have a love for pesto you have to try it on pizza. This chicken pesto pizza is incredibly easy to make, savory, and a fun change to the classic recipes for pizza.
- Pizza Hot Dogs | A fun change to the classic pizza recipes you will see. Get a fun dinner that is kid-friendly and downright delicious.
- Cheeseburger Pizza | Here is a pizza that gives you a cheeseburger flavor in every bite. Simple ingredients, tasty, and something the whole family will agree on.
How to Make Taco Pizza
Start by cooking your ground beef until no longer pink. Then add in your taco seasoning as directed on package, and then set aside. Then you want to roll out your pizza crust, on a greased pizza pan. Then bake for 8 minutes, to pre-cook the dough partially.
Now you want to spread the taco sauce over the pizza crust, make sure that you leave a space around the edge to act as the crust. Then add on your beef, jalapenos, cilantro, tomatoes, and top with cheese. Bake for an additional amount of time till the cheese is melted and golden brown. Slice and serve warm.
Can I Substitute Ground Turkey in Place of Hamburger
Yes, you can swap the hamburger meat with ground turkey if you prefer. Just cook accordingly and then season with the taco meat. You could also use ground turkey as well. These meats swap great with minimal flavor difference.
Best Way to Store Leftover Pizza
I will allow the pizza to fully cool down and then place in a sealable bag laying each piece flat or opt to place in an airtight container. The pizza can store for up to three days in the fridge. Then after that, you will want to use your best judgment in terms of the quality of the pizza.
What to Put on Taco Pizza
Now, this is up to you. I went with a very simple but tasty recipe. If you prefer, you are welcome to add on other toppings. Black olives, top with lettuce once it comes out of the oven, and more. You can use any of your favorite taco toppings to dress up your pizza.
Skip the classic taco recipe and make this taco pizza a go. I think you will enjoy the flavors of this pizza.
Have you tried Taco Pizza? What ingredients are in your recipe?
A flavor fiesta in your mouth with this delicious Taco Pizza recipe!
- 1 Pillsbury Pizza Crust (or your own homemade pizza crust or other brand of refrigerated pizza crust)
- ¾ cup taco sauce
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 packet of taco seasoning mix
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup marble or cheddar cheese, shredded
- sour cream, for dipping, optional
- Cook ground beef according to directions on taco seasoning mix. Set aside.
- Prepare the pizza crust according to package directions. For the Pillsbury Pizza Crust I used, I greased a pizza pan and spread the dough to fit. Then I pre-baked for 8 minutes in a 400°F oven.
- Spread taco sauce over pizza crust, leaving a gap around the edge.
- Evenly distribute ground beef, jalapeno slices, tomatoes, cilantro over the sauce. Then top with cheese.
- Bake an additional 7 to 10 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted. Serve with a side of sour cream for dipping, if desired.