Promote your blog and showcase your recipe in zuuzs Grand Spring Recipe Challenge. The prizes include a $500 Gift Card as the Grand Prize and three $200 Gift Cards as the top Category prizes you can use to buy kitchen related wares. Submissions end on April 28th.
- 1.5lb of 3/4-1″ thick Salmon Slab (frozen or fresh)
- 1 can (12 oz) beer
- 1/2 of a medium red onion -diced
- 2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- Prepare the Salmon. You can use fresh or frozen salmon approximately 3/4″ to 1″ thick. Cut it into portion-sized slabs, leaving the skin on.
- Brown the diced red onion in a medium frying pan.
- Pour in the can of beer and let it come to a boil.
- Slide the salmon into the pan, skin-side down. Sprinkle garlic salt, black pepper and chili powder on the salmon. Lower the heat and allow the salmon to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the salmon over and sprinkle garlic salt, black pepper and chili powder onto the newly exposed surface. Allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Plate the salmon and drizzle some of sauce and onions on top.
- Tip: The leftover sauce is delicious and does not taste of beer so can be served on the side as extra sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 132Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 866mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 13g