The best slow cooker dessert made with ripe bananas and chocolate chips. Each bite of Crockpot Banana Bread is moist, sweet and delicious and makes a yummy snack or breakfast.
We don’t typically associate our Crockpot with desserts, but once you try this delicious recipe, I bet you’ll be wanting to make it again and again. It’s super easy and makes the most tender banana bread. The sweetness of the bananas really shines through and the addition of chocolate chips gives it an even sweeter taste. My family adores this slow cooker banana bread!
Grab those overripe bananas and make your whole house smell amazing with this sweet quick bread recipe. You don’t need a special occasion to whip up a loaf. If you start to prepare it mid-afternoon, it will be ready to serve as dessert or breakfast with the leftover banana bread.
It’s quite similar regular banana bread. You’ll find it moist, tender with the perfect amount of sweet flavor.
Why You’ll Love This Crockpot Banana Bread Recipe
- Slow cookers make the most yummy banana bread ever
- Only takes 2 1/2 hours to cook
- Great way to use up ripe banana so they don’t go to waste
- Super simple to make
- Easy customizable with other kinds of add-ins
This post contains affiliate links.
- Salted butter – You can also use unsalted butter.
- Granulated sugar – Raw sugar would also work, but I don’t recommend using powdered sugar.
- Light brown sugar – If you only have dark brown sugar, use that.
- Ripe bananas
- Mini chocolate chips – I prefer to use mini chocolate chips because they are lighter in weight and smaller. They will cook more evenly throughout and not fall to the bottom.
- Eggs – I used large eggs.
- Maple syrup – Real maple syrup is the best! I love Maple Lifestyle.
- Vanilla extract
- Unbleached all-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground ginger
How to Make Banana Bread in a Slow Cooker
- Step One: Butter (or use nonstick cooking spray) the liner of the slow cooker.
- Step Two: Cut 2 pieces of parchment paper. Fold in thirds, length-wise. Place the paper one length wise and the one width wise in the slow cooker, like an X. Butter the top of the parchment as well.
- Step Three: In a large mixing bowl, mix the melted butter, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar with a hand mixer until all ingredients are combined.
- Step Four: Add the mashed bananas and ½ cup mini chocolate chips. Mix until combined.
- Step Five: Add the eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Mix wth a hand mixer.
- Step Six: Add the half flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and ground ginger. Mix until ingredients are incorporated, then add the remaining flour and mix until you have no more dry flour.
- Step Seven: Once all the ingredients are incorporated, pour them in the prepared liner of the slow cooker.
- Step Eight: Cook on high for 2 hours 30 minutes or until the cake’s internal temperature reaches 200F.
- Step Nine: Take out of the slow cooker liner using the parchment paper.
- Step Ten: Let it cool off on a wire rack before serving.
What to Serve with Crock Pot Banana Bread
- Dark chocolate bar
- Spread on butter, peanut butter, cream cheese or Nutella
- Yogurt and granola
- Mocha Latte
- Drizzle of caramel sauce
- Glass of milk or almond milk
Variations and Substitutions
- Add some nuts. Chopped pecans or walnuts are a tasty addition.
- Use browned butter instead of regular butter. This is a simple tutorial on how to brown butter.
- Change out the mini chocolate chips for dark chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips. I still recommend chopping the small though so they won’t sink to the bottom. Peanut butter chips or butterscotch chips would also be yummy.
Banana bread will keep on the countertop at room temperature for about 2 days. I recommend wrapping it in plastic wrap so it stays fresh.
You can also refrigerate it in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days.
Can I Freeze Banana Bread?
Yes, you can freeze banana bread either by the loaf or after you’ve sliced it up. I wrap mine in plastic wrap first and then cover it in a layer of aluminum foil. It will keep about 3 months in the freezer.
Why Do I Need to Use Ripe Bananas?
Ripe bananas are naturally more sweet and are softer. They are less fibrous they’ll be much easier to mash up to use in your banana bread recipe. You’ll notice a big difference if you use green bananas.
How to Quickly Ripen Bananas
If you’re like me, I can only ever find green bananas at the grocery store. Instead of waiting and waiting (and waiting) for what feels like forever for your bananas to ripen, try a few tricks instead.
This method takes about 24 to 36 hours to work its magic. Place the bananas in a brown paper bag and fold the top over. Wait about a day or so and let the ethylene gas do its thing. The result is ripe bananas!
Another quicker way is to bake the bananas in a 400F oven for 5 minutes. They’ll be brown and ready to use once they’ve cooled.
How to Tell When Banana Bread is Done
I use the toothpick test! Insert a toothpick in the center of the bread. If it comes out clean (minus any chocolate chips) and no wet batter on it, then it’s done.
How to Remove Banana Bread from the Crockpot
Carefully lift up the parchment paper to remove the banana bread from the slow cooker insert. It should easily pop right out.
- Banana Cake
- Homemade Banana Bread (classic recipe)
- Banana Bread Overnight Oats
- Banana Cookies
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- Nutella Banana Bread
- Banana Cupcakes
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
Crockpot Banana Bread
- ½ cup salted butter melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 ½ cup bananas mashed
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp salt
- Butter (or use cooking spray) the liner of the slow cooker.
- Cut 2 pieces of parchment paper. Fold in thirds, length-wise. Place the paper one length wise and the one width wise in the slow cooker, like an X. Butter the top of the parchment as well.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the melted butter, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar with a hand mixer until all ingredients are combined.
- Add the mashed bananas and ½ cup mini chocolate chips. Mix until combined.
- Add the eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Mix wth a hand mixer.
- Add the half flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and ground ginger. Mix until ingredients are incorporated, then add the remaining flour and mix until you have no more dry flour.
- Once all the ingredients are incorporated, pour them in the prepared liner of the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 2 hours 30 minutes or until the cake's internal temperature reaches 200F.
- Take out of the slow cooker liner using the parchment paper.
- Let it cool off before serving.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.