An easy comfort food family dinner you can make in your slow cooker. Crockpot Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken is so tender and cooked to perfection in a lemon garlic butter sauce that is out of this world delicious.
This simple recipe is perfect for busy weeknights because this recipe only takes a few minutes of prep time and then your slow cooker does all the hard work. You’ll have juicy chicken breasts packed full of lemon garlic butter flavor. I would call this winner winner chicken dinner!
The entire family can enjoy this tasty meal. Pair it with your favorite veggie sides and maybe even a dinner roll to sop up that scrumptious sauce. This delicious chicken recipe is on my meal rotation because it’s always a hit.
If easy dinners are your thing, you’ll love this recipe. The first time I made it I knew I had a keeper.
Why You’ll Love This Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken
- Easy recipe with simple ingredients
- Incredibly flavorful and juicy
- Pairs with a variety of side dishes for a complete family dinner
- Comfort food everyone enjoys
- Shorter cook time than most crockpot recipes
The full ingredient list with measurements and instructions can be found on the recipe card below.
- Chicken broth
- Lemon juice
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Crushed red chili pepper flakes
- Italian seasoning
- Rosemary sprigs
- Lemon slices
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken
- Step One: Pour chicken broth and lemon juice into the crockpot. Add the chicken breasts and shallots.
- Step Two: Sprinkle the chicken breasts with garlic, paprika, chili pepper flakes, and Italian seasoning.
- Step Three: Top the chicken breasts with sliced butter. Wedge the rosemary sprigs between the breasts.
- Step Four: Cook on high for 1 hour and then set on low for 3 hours.
- Step Five: 30 minutes before serving, mix the cornstarch and water together. Pour it into the crockpot around the chicken breasts.
- Step Six: Serve warm with lemon slices.
This post contains affiliate links.
What to Serve with Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken
- Green beans
- Cauliflower rice
- Mashed potatoes – Try my Loaded Mashed Potatoes.
- Brussels sprouts – Cheesy Brussels Sprouts are super yummy.
- Lemon Roasted Potatoes
Variations and Substitutions
- Use chicken tenderloins instead of chicken breasts. You could also try chicken thighs if you prefer dark meat.
- Use 1 tablespoon of powdered garlic in place of the minced fresh garlic.
- Try finely diced sweet onion if you don’t have shallots.
- Kick up the lemon flavor by including a teaspoon of lemon zest.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard to change up the taste.
Store any leftover chicken in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Can I Freeze?
Yes, you can freeze his recipe either before or after cooking for up to 3 months.
Can I Eat Warm or Cold?
The chicken is best served warm. If you can’t eat right away, reheat in the microwave.
Can I Add Veggies?
Yes, you can! Add potatoes, carrots, green beans are great options.
Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
- Slow Cooker Asian Chicken
- Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken
- Brown Sugar Chicken
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Chicken
- Slow Cooker 40 Clove Garlic Chicken
- Crockpot Pickle Chicken
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
Crockpot Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp shallots finely diced
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp crushed red chili pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup butter sliced
- 2 to 4 rosemary sprigs
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- Lemon slices garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour chicken broth and lemon juice into the crockpot. Add the chicken breasts and shallots.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with garlic, paprika, chili pepper flakes, and Italian seasoning.
- Top the chicken breasts with sliced butter. Wedge the rosemary sprigs between the breasts.
- Cook on high for 1 hour and then set on low for 3 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving, mix the cornstarch and water together. Pour it into the crockpot around the chicken breasts.
- Serve warm with lemon slices.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.