This simple Chicken BLT Salad will tickle your tastebuds with so much flavor! The secret is using the spicy ranch dressing with the chicken, crispy bacon, lettuce, mozzarella cheese, and tomatoes.
My Chicken BLT Salad has a secret ingredient that really packs a punch of flavor. I only recently started adding it to my chicken salad recipes and love the delicious flavor combination twist it brings to our old favorites. I’ll fill you in on the secret: it’s Spicy Ranch Dressing!
It’s creamy, smooth, and has a kick of spice to tease your taste buds and an ever changing crunchy texture from the various different ingredients, in each and every bite.
I always want extra servings of this recipe because it’s so amazing! My family agrees with me and loves this simple lunch recipe, devouring it any time I whip it up.
You can eat it as a salad served on a bed of lettuce or put it on bread to make a tasty sandwich. It’s easy to make and tastes even better the next day!
This super easy Chicken BLT Salad is the perfect dish to whip up for potlucks, picnics, or as a last-minute light lunch idea and easy dinners. It’s something the whole family will love so there’s no grumbling or fighting at the dinner table.
Or if you prefer, jazz up an old family favorite like I did with my chicken salad. We now have a “new” family favorite with this easy BLT Salad recipe!
Why You’ll Love Chicken BLT Salad
- You only need 7 ingredients
- Ready in 10 minutes
- A family favorite recipe
- Easy to double or triple to feed a crowd
- Taking all the flavors you love from your classic BLT sandwich and bringing it to you as a BLT chicken salad recipe
- A simple recipe to make ahead and wonderful for meal prepping plans. Make a big batch once and have many, already made meals ready to
- Chicken breasts: Boneless skinless chicken breasts that are cooked and chopped
- Spicy ranch dressing (or regular ranch dressing)
- Bacon: Cooked and chopped
- Lettuce: I used Field Greens in mine, but you can use whatever you prefer and have on hand
- Tomatoes: chopped
- Mozzarella cheese: Chopped into small cubes
- Green onion: Chopped
How to Make Chicken BLT Salad
- Step One: Add chicken, tomatoes, cheese, green onions, and bacon to a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Step Two: Add in Hidden Valley® Spicy Ranch Dressing and mix until fully combined.
- Step Three: Serve chicken salad on top of a bed of lettuce. Garnish with green onions, if desired.
This post contains affiliate links.
What to Serve with Chicken BLT Salad
- Tossed Salad
- Rainbow Fruit Salad
- Hoisin Chicken BLT Salad Sandwich (You can even turn this salad into its own sandwich!)
- Party Potatoes
- Creamy Carrots
- Air Fryer Potato Chips
- Pantry Chili
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Always use a meat thermometer to check your chicken. Be sure the internal temperature reaches 165F before using it in this easy recipe.
- Don’t be afraid to double this recipe and have enough for future lunches in the week.
- Use different cutting boards for meat and a separate one for vegetables to avoid cross-contamination.
- Check your flavor of this before you go and add in salt or other spices and herbs as the ranch brings a mouthful of flavors.
- If you premade this dish, give it a few good stirs before serving and enjoying.
Variations and Substitutions
- Add in diced up red onion for some extra flavor.
- Instead of serving this creamy chicken salad on a bed of lettuce, try making lettuce wraps using large romaine lettuce leaves.
- To make this recipe even easier, you can use leftover rotisserie chicken or precooked shredded chicken thighs.
- Swap your chopped tomatoes for cherry tomatoes cut up, if desired.
- For more flavor, add some garlic powder, onion powder, salt and black pepper to taste.
- Bring some extra zesty flavor to the dish by adding fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- For more cheesiness, add some shredded cheddar cheese.
- Swap out regular bacon for turkey bacon.
Store your homemade BLT Chicken Salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Can I Freeze?
You can try to freeze this recipe. Due to the nature of the ingredients, I don’t particularly like to freeze chicken salad because once you thaw it out, the consistency and texture is much different and not as delicious as when you first made it.
Can I make this ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this homemade BLT Chicken Salad ahead of time. I really enjoy doing this as it helps the flavors meld together. In fact, this is one of those recipes that is even better the next day, after the salad has had plenty of time to infuse the flavors nicely together.
Making this salad recipe ahead of time will save you the precious time, stress, and effort around dinner, or lunchtime in the future. If it’s possible for you to do it, I highly recommend it.
What other add-ins can I try?
You can add in any of your other favorite chicken salad additions. Some easy ideas would be walnuts, almonds, grapes, raisins, or apples.
More Easy Salad Recipes
If these kinds of creamy salads are something you really enjoy, I have a list of ones you need to make. Here are a few of my favorite easy salad recipes for you to give a try:
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- ¾ cup spicy Ranch dressing
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- 3 to 4 cups lettuce of your choice
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, chopped into small cubes
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Add chicken, tomatoes, cheese, green onions and bacon to a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Add in spicy Ranch dressing and mix until fully combined.
- Serve chicken salad on top of a bed of lettuce. Garnish with green onions, if desired.
I used Field Greens lettuce in mine.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 455Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 91mgSodium: 845mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 31g