This Rosemary Chicken Noodle Soup is slow cooker comfort food supreme! This flavorful soup hits the spot on a cold day. It’s packed full of tender chicken, noodles, veggies and rosemary.
Rosemary Chicken Noodle Soup
I don’t know about you, but I’m kinda glad that the colder weather here. I’m not much for the summer heat and hate being sweaty. Along with that, I also LOVE using my slow cooker in the colder months of the year. It’s soups galore in my home for half the year and I wouldn’t have it any other way!
This Rosemary Chicken Noodle Soup is made in the slow cooker and is super easy to whip up before you head out to work in the morning. It’s comforting, healthy and packed full of deliciousness. There is just something so soothing about Chicken Noodle Soup, don’t you think?
Disclosure: I am participating in the Chicken Farmers of Canada campaign managed by SJ Consulting. I received compensation in exchange for my participation in this campaign. The opinions on this blog are my own.
The Chicken Farmers of Canada have dubbed the month of October as Crocktober month. Get it? October + your crockpot. It’s amazing all the yummy chicken recipes you can whip up in your crock pot and always have them turn out perfect.
A time saving tip that I often use is to do all my prep work the night before and put my ingredients in a container in the fridge. In the morning, all I have to do is plop everything in the slow cooker and turn it on. Easy peasy.
Plus, this soup is freezer friendly. Make a batch and freeze it so you’ll always have dinner ready when you’re short on time. Hello busy weeknights!
Rosemary Chicken Noodle Soup Ingredients
For this comforting soup, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (you could also use boneless chicken thighs if you prefer dark meat)
- Chicken broth
- Fresh rosemary
- Baby spinach
- Lemon juice
- Black pepper
- Broad egg noodles
Tip: When you’re shopping for chicken, make sure to look for the Raised by a Chicken Farmers label. That way you can be 100% sure that the chicken you are buying is held up to the strict Canadian standards that all Canadian chicken farmers have to follow.
How to Make Rosemary Chicken Noodle Soup
Start by adding the chicken, salt, onions, celery, carrots, rosemary, mushrooms and chicken broth to a 6 quart slow cooker. Stir to combine.
Cover the slow cooker and cook on LOW heat for 6 hours. Your veggies should be tender and the chicken fully cooked by this time.
Stir in the spinach, lemon juice and black pepper until the spinach wilts. Then add the cooked egg noodles and stir to combine. Serve hot and savor every last yummy bite!
Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
I have more slow cooker chicken recipes to share with you to celebrate the month of Crocktober!
Here are a few from my site:
- Lemon Herb Slow Cooker Chicken
- Slow Cooker 40 Clove Garlic Chicken
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Orange Chicken
- Brown Sugar Chicken
- Peking Chicken
The Chicken Farmers of Canada also has a recipe section with some tasty looking slow cooker chicken recipes to try.
- Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore with Kick
- Easiest Ever Southwestern Dinner
- Lemony Lime Slow Cooked Chicken
- Sweet Coconut Clove Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chipotle Chicken
You’ll also enjoy this Slow Cooker Chicken and Sausage Soup.
What is your favorite slow cooker chicken recipe?
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 2/3 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups broad egg noodles, cooked
- Add chicken, salt, onions, celery, rosemary, carrots, mushrooms and chicken broth to a 6 quart slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- At the 6 hour mark, stir in spinach, lemon juice and black pepper. Stir until the spinach wilts. Add in egg noodles and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 338Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 1431mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 39g
Enter this CrocktoberChicken giveaway sponsored by the Chicken Farmers of Canada!
One lucky Canadian reader is going to win:
- Crock-Pot® 7-Quart Oval Cast Iron Dutch Oven in Grey
- FoodSaver Vacuum Sealing System
- Instant Pot 9-in-1 Duo Plus 6 qt.
You must be a Canadian resident and age 18+. The giveaway ends on October 19, 2019 at 11am EST. Enter to win on the form below.