Today is National Chili Day! Who is ready to celebrate with me? I have a yummy Taco Chili perfect for this special occasion.
Chili was one of our dinner staples growing up. My used to make a big batch of chili every few weeks. Her recipe was more of a traditional chili recipe. It had ground beef, tomatoes, kidney beans, onions, green peppers and chili powder. I like to add twists to my recipes so I created this mouthwatering Taco Chili. The feedback I’ve received so far about it has been favourable.
It’s made with ground beef, onions, black beans, corn, tomatoes, taco sauce, chili powder and taco seasoning. It’s chili with a Mexican flair!
Dress it up with shredded cheese, sour cream, green onions and some corn chips for dunking. It tastes like tacos with a hint of chili flavour fusion.
I gave a storage container of chili to my friend, Becky, to bring home. This recipe makes a huge batch and it was more than Bridget and I could eat ourselves. Plus, I like to share what I make with friends and family.
I got a call last night from Becky’s boyfriend. He wanted me to tell you that it was the best chili he’s ever tried. That made me feel great! I knew it was a good recipe, but didn’t realize it was that good. Give it a try and let me know what you think, too!
Check out more chili recipes from my blogger friends:
- Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Chili
- Creamy White Chicken Chili
- Instant Pot Chili
- Sweet Potato Chili
- Instant Pot Turkey Lentil Chili
- Easy Chicken Enchilada Chili
- Pork Chili Verde
- Homemade 3 Bean Vegetarian Chili
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
- Instant Pot Lentil and Bean Chili
- Jalapeno Popper Turkey Chili
- Award Winning Crockpot Chili
What is your favourite kind of chili?
The perfect chili fusion with a Mexican flair! This Taco Chili has received rave reviews from my friends and family.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 540 ml can black beans, drained (about 18 oz)
- 1 12 oz can corn
- 2 28 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 215 ml bottle taco sauce (about 7 oz)
- 1 127 ml can green chilies (about 4 oz)
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- Shredded cheese
- Green onions
- Nacho chips
- Sour cream
- In a large pot, add lean ground beef and onions over medium high heat. Cook until beef is cooked and onions are softened.
- Stir in black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, taco seasoning, green chilies, taco sauce and chili powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce to heat medium low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and top with garnishes, if desired.