A salad that tastes like a cheeseburger? Oh yeah, it exists.
Taco Salad exists so why not Cheeseburger Salad? It’s easy to whip up, tastes delicious and you can easily make it low carb by leaving out the bun croutons.
Get that same great cheeseburger taste anytime of year. No BBQ required!
Throw in your favourite cheeseburger toppings. I stuck to the more traditional toppings, but you could easily experiment and add different ones if you prefer.
You’re in for a hearty meal with this simple recipe! It’s a real crowdpleaser that will soon become a family favourite.
Are you a fan of the flavours of a juicy cheeseburger?
- 4 sesame seed hamburger bun tops, cut into cubes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup dill pickles, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 head romaine lettuce, sliced thin
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425F. Place hamburger bun cubes on a baking sheet. Bake for 3 to 5 minutes or until toasted.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Brown ground beef. Drain off excess fat. Stir in half of the onion, ketchup, mustard and pickles.
- Add lettuce, beef mixture, tomatoes, cheese and remaining onion to a large bowl and toss. Add croutons and toss.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 bowl
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 259 Total Fat: 8.1g Saturated Fat: 3.8g Trans Fat: 0.2g Unsaturated Fat: 3.5g Cholesterol: 48.1mg Sodium: 480.2mg Carbohydrates: 26.7g Fiber: 3.3g Sugar: 10.5g Protein: 17.3g