I woke up this morning to -27°C weather. Brrrr. I know I lament about the heat and humidity in summer, but right now, I’m sure missing it. Spring can’t come soon enough. I’m wrapped up in blankets on the couch trying to stay warm. As for food, I’m looking for comfort food meals to warm my bones. I made this Cheeseburger Chowder and it hits the spot on a chilly day.
It’s hearty and filling plus it’s fairly simple to throw together. It smelled so good as it was simmering on the stove. I couldn’t wait to fill up a big bowl and chow down on it.
All the cheesy, creamy ingredients are added at the end. If you like it extra cheesy, add in more Velveeta cheese.
One serving was enough for me because it has so much going on. It’s very filling which is exactly the kind of recipe I love in this kind of weather. Serve it with some crusty rolls for dipping if you like.
How to Make Cheeseburger Chowder
The first task is to melt the butter in a large pot over medium high heat. Add in the onions, carrots and celery. Sauté for 8 to 10 minutes until the vegetables are softened.
Add water, potatoes, chicken noodle soup mix, garlic powder, chicken bouillon, ground beef and pepper. Stir. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium low. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
Remove the pot from the heat. Stir in Velveeta cheese, milk and sour cream. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
For more yummy soups, check out my soup recipe box. I have lots of selection to keep you going over the winter.
You might also like this Corn Chowder.
What kind of recipes do you like to make to stay warm in the cold weather?
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, chopped into rounds
- 1 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 5 cups water
- 3 cups potatoes, diced
- 1 envelope chicken noodle soup
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chicken bouillon
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup Velveeta cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Dash of pepper
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped, for garnish, optional
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium high heat. Add onions, carrots and celery, Saute for 8 to 10 minutes, until softened.
- Add water, potatoes, chicken noodle soup mix, garlic powder, chicken bouillon, ground beef and pepper. Stir together. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in Velveeta cheese, milk and sour cream. Garnish with parsley.
- Cuisinart 766-24 Chef's Classic 8-Quart Stockpot with Cover
- New Star Foodservice 42917 Stainless Steel 4pcs Measuring Cups and Spoons Combo Set
- OXO Good Grips Wooden Corner Spoon & Scraper
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 bowl
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 288 Total Fat: 13.3g Saturated Fat: 8.9g Trans Fat: 0.1g Unsaturated Fat: 3.1g Cholesterol: 61.8mg Sodium: 479.2mg Carbohydrates: 20g Fiber: 2.8g Sugar: 7.8g Protein: 22g