- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, chopped into rounds
- 1 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 5 cups water
- 3 cups potatoes, diced
- 1 envelope chicken noodle soup
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chicken bouillon
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup Velveeta cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Dash of pepper
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped, for garnish, optional
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium high heat. Add onions, carrots and celery, Saute for 8 to 10 minutes, until softened.
- Add water, potatoes, chicken noodle soup mix, garlic powder, chicken bouillon, ground beef and pepper. Stir together. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in Velveeta cheese, milk and sour cream. Garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 bowl
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 288 Total Fat: 13.3g Saturated Fat: 8.9g Trans Fat: 0.1g Unsaturated Fat: 3.1g Cholesterol: 61.8mg Sodium: 479.2mg Carbohydrates: 20g Fiber: 2.8g Sugar: 7.8g Protein: 22g