This recipe has been floating around homes for a long time. You may already know it as 7 Layer Magic Bars. It can be easily tweaked to suit your tastes. I made mine with 8 layers with the addition of some toffee bits. If you don’t like an ingredient, just leave it out except maybe the crust because you’ll probably need that!
These bars are sublime. They are bursting with a variety of sweet flavours and different textures. I finished them off with a layer of almonds, walnuts and coconut. If you haven’t made Magic Bars yet, you are missing out.
Layers upon layers of sweetness! This decadent treat is filled with butterscotch, chocolate, toffee, coconut and nuts.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 300 ml can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Skor toffee bits
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 13×9 inch pan. Add parchment paper to pan leaving some excess to hang over sides. Lightly grease the parchment paper.
- Add butter and graham cracker crumbs to a small bowl and stir to combine. Press graham cracker mixture to the bottom of the pan.
- Pour on sweetened condensed milk over top.
- Top with butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, toffee bits, coconut flakes and nuts.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool in pan before removing to cut into squares.
Grab what’s in your pantry right now and go make a batch. Just keep layering ingredients on top. These bars also freeze well so save some for the holidays!
What’s in your Magic Bars recipe?