This homemade Cinnamon Cappuccino is the perfect way to satisfy your sweet coffee craving right at home. It’s made with your favorite espresso sweetened with homemade cinnamon syrup, then topped with creamy frothed milk and whipped cream.
If you are a regular reader of my blog, you’ll already know how much I love my coffee. My day doesn’t start until I have my first cup.
Today, I’m sharing one of my new favourite hot drinks: a Cinnamon Cappuccino. It’s so tasty and perfect for fall.
Why You’ll Love This Cinnamon Cappuccino
- Homemade! No need to run to your local coffee shop. You can make a delicious beverage in your own kitchen
- Simple ingredients. All you need is milk, espresso, a four-ingredient homemade cinnamon syrup, and whipped cream.
- Cozy and delicious. The sweet, spicy flavor of cinnamon pairs perfectly with the espresso and creamy frothed milk.
- Cinnamon Syrup – We’re making a super simple homemade cinnamon syrup with water, cinnamon, brown sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Frothed Milk – If you have a method to steam or froth your milk, great! If not, you can simply warm it up in the microwave or on the stove. It won’t be as creamy, but it will still taste good.
- Espresso – I use my De’Longhi espresso machine to make espresso for this cappuccino. Feel free to use whatever brewing method you prefer.
- Garnishes – I love to top my cappuccino off with a little bit of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
How to Make a Cinnamon Cappuccino
This delicious cinnamon cappuccino comes together in just a few short minutes!
- Step One: Pull your espresso shot, then top with frothed milk OR use the cappuccino setting on your automatic espresso machine.
- Step Two: Pour cinnamon syrup into the cappuccino, top with whip and cinnamon, then sip away.
All you need for this recipe is your favorite mug and a couple of tools!
This post contains affiliate links.
What to Serve with a Cinnamon Cappuccino
This cinnamon cappuccino is perfect to sip on if all you’re craving is a cozy beverage. However, you can totally serve it with your favorite breakfast or as a snack alongside a slice of Grandma’s cinnamon coffee cake, peach coffee cake, or streusel coffee cake!
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- No way to brew espresso? Make a strongly brewed coffee instead. The flavor will be slightly different, but it will still taste delicious.
- Want a dairy-free cappuccino? Use whatever plant based milk you prefer!
- Serve immediately. Coffee is always served hot and fresh.
The cappuccino itself is definitely best served right away. Freshly brewed coffee and freshly steamed milk are always the way to go!
The cinnamon syrup, though, can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 weeks. It’s great to keep on hand so you can whip up a homemade cappuccino whenever you want!
Can You Add Flavor to a Cappuccino?
Heck yes you can! A traditional cappuccino is a 6 ounce coffee drink made with ⅓ espresso, ⅓ steamed milk, and ⅓ frothed milk. But when you make one at home, you can add any flavor you like to it!
If cinnamon syrup isn’t your thing, try adding a dash of maple syrup, simple syrup, or any other coffee flavor your heart desires.
More Cozy Drinks to Try
You’ll also like this iced coffee.
Follow me on Instagram @simplystacieblog, Facebook at Simply Stacie, TikTok @simplystacierecipes or Pinterest at @simplystacie and let me know how you liked this recipe and my other recipes.
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
Topped with whipped cream, the warm cinnamon and coffee flavours will warm you from the inside out.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Frothed milk
- 2 tbsp Cinnamon Syrup
- Whipped cream and cinnamon for garnish, if desired
- Boil water in a small saucepan on the stove. Add cinnamon and turn heat down to medium. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in brown sugar and vanilla extract and continue to simmer on medium for another 10 minutes.
- Use the Cappuccino setting on the De’Longhi Magnifica S Cappuccino Smart to brew. I also used the 2x setting to make it taller.
- Pour 2 tbsp of cinnamon syrup into the cappuccino. Top with whipped cream and cinnamon, if desired.
Store leftover cinnamon syrup in the fridge to make more beverages at a later date.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1133Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 251mgCarbohydrates: 272gFiber: 14gSugar: 214gProtein: 10g
DENISE LOW says
This looks delicious. I want one of these now!!! Thank you for sharing.
kathy downey says
Presentation is important to me ,if it looks delicious like this i want to try it.Thanks for sharing !