I was looking for Fall recipes and I came across this recipe for Apple Cheddar Quick Bread in the September 2013 edition of Canadian Living and thought it fit the bill perfectly!
I normally only make Banana Bread so was curious to see how apple bread would taste. Apples & cheese at first may look like a strange combination but they actually go together perfectly.
The sweet tartness of the apples complements the saltiness of the old cheddar.
Spread some butter on each slice and enjoy.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cups old Cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 1/3 cup, butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Granny Smith apple, diced
- 3/4 cup Granny Smith apple, grated
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in 1 cup of the cheddar cheese.
- In another mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add in diced apple and grated apple and stir to combine.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture and stir to combine.
- Spread in a prepared loaf pan and sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until cake tester comes out of the center clean. Let cool in loaf pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 354Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 414mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 2gSugar: 19gProtein: 9g