This simple Turkey Bacon Frittata is filled with flavor thanks to turkey bacon, mushrooms, onions, and Parmesan! Make it for breakfast or enjoy it as a light lunch or dinner.
I live for breakfast! I’m always ravenous when I wake up in the morning and need energy to keep me going throughout the day. My favorite breakfast foods are none other than classic bacon and eggs. I’ll take my eggs- scrambled or fried and I love my bacon crisp.
I love this frittata because it incorporates my favorite breakfast foods, but is great for a crowd or prepping ahead for the week. It’s also really healthy for you and low in carbs!
Breakfast Frittata Ingredients
- Turkey bacon – While you can use regular bacon, I opted for turkey bacon for a lighter option!
- Onion – An onion provides so much flavor to this frittata.
- Mushrooms – I love mushrooms in frittatas and breakfast casseroles. If you don’t like them though, you can leave them out.
- Shredded Parmesan cheese – Shredded parmesan cheese is such a yummy addition to this easy frittata.
- Eggs – Eggs are an essential ingredient here.
- Butter – You’ll need butter to sauté the onion and mushrooms in.
What I Used For This Recipe
This post contains affiliate links.
- Pyrex glass mixing bowls: I love this set for everything from scrambling eggs to mixing batters. They are durable and affordable!
- Balloon Whisk: This is the perfect tool for whisking eggs!
- Nonstick Skillet: This Cuisinart hard anodized nonstick skillet is my go-to for cooking and it is oven-safe for this recipe. It is durable, cooks evenly, and the nonstick coating works so well!
How To Make Bacon and Mushroom Frittata
- Preheat the oven. First, preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Whisk the eggs & Parmesan cheese. Whisk together in a bowl and set aside.
- Cook the onions and mushrooms. Melt butter in a pan, then add onions & mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Cook the turkey bacon. Add in turkey bacon and continue to cook for another 10 minutes, or until you reach the desired crispness.
- Pour in the eggs. Add the egg and parmesan mixture to the skillet with the turkey bacon, eggs, and onions. Do not stir. Cook for an additional two minutes.
- Bake. Put your entire pan in the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Cool and serve. Remove the frittata from the oven, let cool for about 5 minutes, and serve!
What is the difference between an omelet and a frittata?
A frittata is cooked partially on the stovetop and finished in the oven, and is closer to an egg casserole. An omelet, on the other hand, is cooked fully on the stovetop and is usually filled with a variety of fillings such as cheese, meat, and vegetables, whereas the fillings are mixed into the frittata.
What does a frittata taste like?
A frittata tastes similar to scrambled eggs and is similar in texture to a breakfast casserole. The overall flavor can vary depending on what seasonings and other mix-ins you add to it!
What goes best with frittata?
A frittata is great eaten on its own, but if you’d like a larger meal, or are serving more people, here are a few yummy dishes to pair it with:
More Breakfast Frittata Recipes You’ll Love
- Spring Vegetable & Goat Cheese Frittata
- Sausage & Red Pepper Frittata
- Bacon & Gouda Frittata
- Broccoli Frittata
- Caramelized Onion, Red Pepper, and Zucchini Frittata
Do you have any amazing frittata recipes? I’m always looking for more recipes to try! Follow me on Instagram @simplystacieblog, on Facebook at Simply Stacie, and on Pinterest @SimplyStacie and let me know how you liked this and my other recipes!
- 1 (12oz/375g) package turkey bacon, cut into inch slices
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups of mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 8 eggs
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk eggs & Parmesan cheese together in a bowl and set aside.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Add onions & mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add in turkey bacon and continue to cook for another 10 minutes or until you reach the desired crispness.
- Pour egg mixture on top of meat mixture. Do not stir. Cook for an additional two minutes.
- Put your entire pan in the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Let cool about 5 minutes and serve.
You can also use chicken bacon.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 247Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 280mgSodium: 424mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 20g