This easy no-bake layered holiday dessert is two desserts in one: pumpkin pie AND cheesecake! Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake is sweet, perfectly spiced and a must-make for your Thanksgiving dinner.
Are you a fan of pumpkin pie and cheesecake? Ever try them together? OMG so good! If I could eat this every day for the rest of my life, I would.
This Thanksgiving, instead of making the traditional pumpkin pie for dessert, why not try something a little different? This pumpkin pie cheesecake is exactly what you need to make.
Did I mention it was no-bake? I love no-bake recipes where I don’t need to use the oven. Typically, the oven is pretty busy when I’m making a holiday dinner. It’s prime real estate with all the other baking going on.
Why You’ll Love This No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie
- It’s creamy, sweet and luscious
- You can make it advance a day or two before
- Easy to find ingredients
- It only takes 20 minutes to prepare
- It combines two dessert favorites in one
- Perfect for Thanksgiving (or Christmas)
- Looks impressive with its two decadent layers
Ingredients for Your Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Melted butter
- Cream cheese
- Heavy cream
Pumpkin Pie Ingredients
- Pumpkin puree
- Instant vanilla pudding
- Ground ginger
- Ground cloves
- Toasted nuts of your choice – See my post about how to toast nuts for tips.
How to Make a Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
Preparing the No-Bake Crust
Step One: In a medium mixing bowl, add the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Mix together until combined. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Place in the fridge.
Preparing the Cheesecake Layer
Step Two: With a mixer, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
Step Three: Add cream cheese, milk and sugar to a large bowl. Beat with a mixer until combined. Gently fold mixture into the whipped cream mixture.
Step Four: Pour on top of graham cracker crust.
Preparing the Pumpkin Pie Layer
Step Five: Add milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla pudding packets, cinnamon, ginger and cloves to a large mixing bowl. Beat together with a mixer for 2 minutes. Pour and spread over the cream cheese layer. Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Step Six: Top with toasted nuts before serving.
Equipment Needed to Make Pumpkin Pie Layered Cheesecake
This post contains affiliate links.
What to Serve with your Cheesecake Pumpkin Pie
Other Thanksgiving Desserts
Popular Substitutions and Additions
- Shortbread cookie crumbs instead of graham cracker crumbs
- Gingersnap cookie crumbs instead of graham cracker crumbs
- Instant butterscotch pudding in place of the vanilla instant pudding
- Instant white chocolate pudding in place of the vanilla instant pudding
- Pumpkin pie spice instead of the cinnamon, ginger and cloves
How to Store Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
Best Way to Store Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake
Store any leftover cheesecake in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Can I Freeze No-Bake Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake?
Yes, you can freeze pumpkin cheesecake as long as you store it correctly. You an either wrap up the pie whole in freezer friendly wrap.
Alternatively, you can freeze cheesecake slices.
I recommend to enjoy within the month for optimum taste and texture. Simply thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours before eating.
Can I substitute pumpkin pie mix for pumpkin puree?
I would not substitute pumpkin pie mix for pumpkin puree in this recipe. The result will be way too sweet when combined with the vanilla instant pudding mix. Use only canned pumpkin and save the pumpkin pie mix for another recipe.
Other Pumpkin Recipes You’ll Love
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 (8oz/250g) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (16oz) can pumpkin puree (about 2 cups)
- 2 (4 serving size) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ cup toasted nuts of choice, optional
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Mix together until combined. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Place in the fridge.
- With a mixer, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Add cream cheese, milk and sugar to a large bowl. Beat with a mixer until combined. Gently fold mixture into the whipped cream mixture. Pour on top of graham cracker crust.
- Add milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla pudding packets, cinnamon, ginger and cloves to a large mixing bowl. Beat together with a mixer for 2 minutes. Pour and spread over the cream cheese layer. Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Top with toasted nuts before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 302Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 186mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 3gSugar: 15gProtein: 6g