This No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake is a deliciously simple dessert that can be whipped up in a matter of minutes! You’ll love the sweet graham cracker crumb crust, creamy cheesecake filling and fruity topping.
No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake
My fiance, Matty, and I were talking about our favorite desserts and I told him mine was cheesecake. He said his mom makes a wicked cheesecake and that I’d have to ask her for the recipe. I messaged his mom for it and saw it was a no-bake cheesecake. I usually make the New York style of cheesecake so this recipe was something different for me to try.
I’ve heard about this no-bake cheesecake recipe from friends before, but had never made one myself. Using Matty’s mom’s recipe, I gave it a whirl. I was so happy with the results!
I followed the recipe closely, but did change one thing. I used melted butter instead of soft margarine in the crust. I also packed it down firmly with a measuring cup into the pan. Matty’s mom just loosely packs it.
Matty said he loved it, but did report that his mom’s crust was better. He likes the loose the crumbs. To each his own, I guess!
Matty’s parents came by after I’d made the cheesecake and each had a piece. His mom gave me the stamp of approval that I’d done a good job. Winning! I was happy to hear they both enjoyed it.
The bottom layer is a graham cracker crumb crust. The cheesecake filling is sweet, creamy and fluffier than a New York cheesecake. I used cherry pie filling for the topping because it’s my favourite. You could use whatever pie filling you like though. Blueberry is also yummy.
No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake Ingredients
The crust is made of graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and brown sugar.
The cheesecake filling is a mix of cream cheese, an envelope of Dream whip and powdered sugar. I couldn’t find Dream Whip at Walmart, but did find it at No Frills. I’d never worked with it before in recipes.
Can’t find Dream Whip where you live? Here’s an easy Dream Whip substitute.
The topping can be pretty much whatever you want. I used a can of cherry pie filling. Yum!
How to Make No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake
Start by making the crust. In a large bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, butter and brown sugar. Press the mixture into the bottom of an 8×8 square baking pan.
Prepare the Dream Whip according to the instructions on the box. Combine prepared Dream Whip with the powdered sugar and cream cheese. Mix together with an electric mixer on low until combined. Spread on top of graham cracker crust.
To finish, spread the cherry pie filling on top of the cream cheese layer.
Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. The longer you leave it to chill, the easier it is to cut into pieces.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
These kitchen tools will help you prepare the recipe.
This post contains affiliate links.
I have several more cheesecake recipes for you to try.
- Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake – So rich and creamy! Enjoy this easy keto dessert guilt-free. Each bite is pure pumpkin heaven.
- Cappuccino Cheesecake – Rich creamy cappuccino flavoured cheesecake filling is nestled on top of a chocolate Oreo crumb crust.
- Pecan Pie Cheesecake – Creamy cheesecake filling is topped by a sweet layer of caramel pecans. This easy dessert recipe is one for the record books!
- White Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake – Ultra smooth, creamy and perfectly rich, this cheesecake will quickly become a family favourite!
- Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake – Prepared with a chocolate cookie crumb crust and a creamy, smooth pumpkin cheesecake filling. Topped off with a thick chocolate ganache, this is one scrumptious cheesecake. It tastes even better than it looks!
You’ll also love these Blueberry and Lemon Cheesecake Bars, Fruit Cocktail Dessert, Berry Cheesecake Trifle, Strawberry No-Bake Cheesecake, White Chocolate Cranberry Cheesecake Bars, Quick Slice Cake or Cherry Pudding Cake.
Do you prefer the baked or no-bake cheesecake?
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 250g package cream cheese, softened
- 1 envelope Dream Whip
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 540ml can cherry pie filling
- In a large bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, butter and brown sugar. Press mixture into the bottom of an 8x8 square baking pan.
- Prepare Dream Whip according to instructions on the box. Combine prepared Dream Whip with powdered sugar and cream cheese. Mix together with an electric mixer on low until combined. Spread on top of graham cracker crumb crust.
- Spread cherry pie filling on top of cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 459Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 301mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 1gSugar: 28gProtein: 4g