This No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake is a deliciously simple dessert that can be whipped up in a matter of minutes! You’ll love the sweet graham cracker crumb crust, creamy cheesecake filling and fruity topping.
I’m always down for a chocolate or lemon version, but this no-bake cherry cheesecake was love at first bite. And I’m typically a New York-style baked cheesecake kind of girl!
With a ridiculously smooth filling, tartness from the cherries, and a buttery graham cracker crust, it’s the ultimate dessert for those warm summer nights. Oh, and don’t even get me started on the fluffy finish you get once this bad boy has finished setting.
Throw in the fact that this recipe uses melted butter for extra indulgence (and firm packing on the base!), and it’s easy to see why I pull it out several times a year.
What sets this apart from classic no-bake cheesecake recipes is the Dream Whip.
It’s slightly trickier to find than traditional whipping cream, but I find it gives this cheesecake a lighter texture that’ll have you coming back for seconds.
When it comes to the topping, I’m a sucker for cherries. But honestly, the topping can be anything you like! Blueberries, peaches, strawberries – you name it and it’ll work beautifully with the base and the creamy filling.
The longer it sits the better. But you can pull it out to devour after two hours if you get desperate!
Hey, we’ve all been there.
Why You’ll Love This No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake
- It’s loaded with tart flavors and has a wonderful biscuit base.
- The brown sugar gives the cheesecake extra richness.
- The dream whip is so easy to prepare.
- It’s perfect for large gatherings!
- It’s easy enough to involve the kiddos.
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Butter (melted)
- Brown sugar
- Cream cheese (softened)
- Dream Whip – Can’t find Dream Whip where you live? Here’s an easy Dream Whip substitute.
- Powdered sugar
- Cherry pie filling
How to Make No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake
- Step One: In a large bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, butter, and brown sugar.
- Step Two: Press the mixture into the bottom of an 8×8 square baking pan.
- Step Three: Prepare the Dream Whip according to the instructions on the box.
- Step Four: Combine the prepared Dream Whip with powdered sugar and cream cheese. Mix everything with an electric mixer on low until combined.
- Step Five: Spread the mixture on top of the graham cracker crumb crust.
- Step Six: Spread cherry pie filling on top of cream cheese layer.
- Step Seven: Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving and enjoy!
You’ll probably have most of the equipment you need for this no-bake cherry cheesecake to hand. But if you’re missing anything vital, these useful products should help you out.
This post contains affiliate links.
What to Serve with No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- If you’re worried about your cheesecake not thickening up, it’s a good idea to make sure your Dream Whip is made properly. This recipe doesn’t use traditional whipped cream, so you’ll want to make sure it’s thick enough before mixing with the cream cheese and powdered sugar!
- Don’t overmix. I know it’s tempting to go ham with your electric mixer, but you’ll want to mix everything on low for the silkiest filling possible. This keeps the air in your mixture and won’t lead to an overly dense cheesecake once the recipe has been refrigerated.
- Don’t skimp on the fridge time! I get that you’ll want to dig into your cheesecake ASAP, but if you remove it from the fridge and it’s still super-soft – you’ll have a nightmare on your hands. It needs a minimum of two hours to set. If you can leave it longer – that’s great!
- If you’re feeding a larger group, it’s worth doubling the recipe and using two baking dishes.
- Make sure the cream cheese you’re using is completely soft before diving in. If you mix it with the Dream Whip and powdered sugar when it’s still hard, you’ll get unsightly lumps in your filling.
- If you’re struggling to cut your cheesecake when it’s set, a quick spritz of non-stick spray on a knife will make things way easier.
Variations and Substitutions
- If you adore berries, you can top this delicious no-bake cherry cheesecake with blueberries and strawberries.
- Although the cherries are central to this recipe, you can swap the cherry filling for blueberry or peach filling if you prefer!
- If you don’t have time to make your own graham cracker crust, feel free to grab a premade one from the grocery store.
- I recommend using full-fat cream cheese for ultimate creaminess, but you can reduce the calories in this recipe by switching it out for low-fat versions.
You can store your no-bake cherry cheesecake in an airtight container for up to 5 days. You can also leave it in a dish covered carefully with plastic wrap.
Can I Freeze?
Yes, you can freeze no-bake cherry cheesecake!
But you’ll need to freeze it without the cherry topping, or it’ll get freezer burnt and the texture will deteriorate.
It’s also important to use full-fat cream cheese if you’d like to freeze it. This way, it should keep its texture and shape once thawed and keep your base structured.
- Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake – This keto pumpkin cheese proves that dessert fits into just about any diet plan. It’s rich, creamy, and gives you a hit of pumpkin heaven with every bite.
- Cappuccino Cheesecake – Although this might be a bit too sweet for a morning pick-me-up, this cappuccino-flavored cheesecake is a delightful dessert. Plus, it has a chocolate Oreo crumb crust.
- Pecan Pie Cheesecake – If you’re looking to switch up Thanksgiving dinner this year, swap out the pecan pie for an indulgent cheesecake. It’s easy to make and is bound to be hoovered up by your hungry guests!
- White Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake – This ultra-smooth, creamy, and rich cheesecake is ideal for the entire family. The perfect fall dessert after visiting those pumpkin patches!
- Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake – Not only is this cheesecake made with a wonderful chocolate cookie crust, but the smooth pumpkin filling is ridiculously delicious. Topped off with a thick chocolate ganache, it’s heaven on earth for chocoholics.
You’ll also love these Blueberry and Lemon Cheesecake Bars, Fruit Cocktail Dessert, Berry Cheesecake Trifle, Strawberry No-Bake Cheesecake, White Chocolate Cranberry Cheesecake Bars, Quick Slice Cake or Cherry Pudding Cake.
Follow me on Instagram @simplystacieblog, Facebook at Simply Stacie, TikTok @simplystacierecipes or Pinterest at @simplystacie and let me know how you liked this recipe and my other recipes.
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake
Deliciously simple no-bake cheesecake that can be whipped up in a matter of minutes! You'll love the sweet graham cracker crumb crust, creamy cheesecake filling and fruity topping.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 250g package cream cheese, softened
- 1 envelope Dream Whip
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 540ml can cherry pie filling
- In a large bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, butter and brown sugar. Press mixture into the bottom of an 8x8 square baking pan.
- Prepare Dream Whip according to instructions on the box. Combine prepared Dream Whip with powdered sugar and cream cheese. Mix together with an electric mixer on low until combined. Spread on top of graham cracker crumb crust.
- Spread cherry pie filling on top of cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 459Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 301mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 1gSugar: 28gProtein: 4g
Wow, this is really time-saving and looks so yummy!
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
Becky Flammang says
I’m wondering whether Cool Whip would substitute ok for the Dream Whip?
I think Cool Whip would work.
Annette Barnes says
What a wonderful recipe for summer BBQ’s and pitch-ins! I love that it’s chilled so it is nice and refreshing on a hot day. And, of course, who doesn’t love a super-simple recipe? I definitely need to try this. Thank you, Stacie, for sharing this with us!
Dawn @ The Kitchen and a Latte says
This looks amazing 🙂 I haven’t heard of Dream Whip (I know, where have I been haha!) Can I just make homemade whipped cream or is there more to the Dream Whip that I need to add? Plus if I make homemade whipped cream, our pooch gets a little – he will never complain about that!
We like both kinds of cheesecake here (I mean it’s cheesecake, what’s not to love?) We like baked cheese cake in the cooler months and no bake in the warmer months, except for when we go to the local cheesecake factory. Then we struggle with decisions 🙂
Thank you! I haven’t worked with Dream Whip much either and had to run to a few stores to find it. I found it at No Frills in Canada. You could make your own though using this recipe: https://www.thedailymeal.com/recipes/homemade-whipped-topping-substitute-or-dream-whip-recipe It’s a little different than regular whipped cream.
This same recipe is a Christmas tradition in my family. My Nana always made a pineapple and a cherry cheesecake. Now that she’s passed, I carry on the tradition but I do pineapple or a mandarin orange I mix the fruit (after squeezing out some juice) into the cheese mixture and sprinkle more graham cracker on top
Sure is super great receipes very very anxious to try them i will put them to the test