This Berry Cheesecake Trifle is made with Twinkies, lemon and vanilla cheesecake filling and loads of fresh berries!
Easter is just around the corner! Have you thought yet about what you’ll serve for Easter dinner? I’ve been tweaking my menu over the last few weeks and narrowing it down to what I want to make.
I’ve discovered the perfect Easter dessert to serve to my family: Berry Cheesecake Trifle. It tastes so sweet and fresh. I think everyone is going to really love it.
I know I wanted to have an “easy” dessert. After slaving away in the kitchen prepping the main course and an array of sides, the last thing I want to do is spend hours making a dessert. I also wanted a dessert that would be large enough to feed a bigger group of people.
I was inspired to create this Berry Cheesecake Trifle. It’s a no-bake dessert with layers of decadent flavors including fresh berries, lemon and vanilla cheesecake filling, and a snack cake that has been making history for generations – Twinkies!
This dessert is pretty fun to assemble. My 10-year-old helped me put this one together. I caught her sneaking a few berries and a Twinkie though!
Why You’ll Love this Berry Cheesecake Trifle
- Easy to prepare and assemble
- Kids can help make it
- Fun spring dessert or anytime of year you want something decadent
- Serves a crowd
- Made with Twinkies
- Sweet, creamy and delicious
- Twinkies are needed for this recipe. You can’t have this delicious dessert without Twinkies!
- Instant vanilla pudding and instant lemon pudding will give this desert a wonderful creamy texture.
- Blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries will give this dessert some color and a slightly sweet flavor.
- Milk and cream cheese will really help bring together the cheesecake flavor.
- Whipped topping will give the cheesecake a fluffy-like consistency.
*See the recipe card for the full ingredient quantities. *
How to Make Berry Cheesecake Trifle
- Step One: Layer 6 ½ Twinkies at the bottom of a trifle bowl, making sure to cover the entire bottom. Spread the sliced strawberries evenly on top of the Twinkies.
- Step Two: In a mixing bowl, beat one package of cream cheese with a mixer until very creamy. While continuing to mix over medium-low speed, add in 1 ½ cups of milk then add in the lemon instant pudding mix and beat until fully mixed. Turn off the mixer and stir in 1 cup of whipped topping
- Step Three: Spoon the lemon cheesecake mixture on top of the strawberry layer in the trifle bowl.
- Step Four: Spread the blueberries and blackberries evenly over the lemon cheesecake mixture.
- Step Five: Layer the rest of the Twinkies on top of the blueberry and blackberry layer.
- Step Six: In a mixing bowl, beat the second package of cream cheese with a mixer until creamy.
- Step Seven: Continue mixing over medium-low speed and add in 1 ½ cups milk. Then add the vanilla instant pudding mix and beat till fully mixed. Turn off the mixer and stir in 1 cup of whipped topping. Spoon the vanilla cheesecake mixture on top of the Twinkie layer in the trifle bowl.
- Step Eight: Top with the raspberries.
This post contains affiliate links.
- A set of measuring cups will ensure that you get the exact measurements for the ingredients so you will get the best taste possible.
- This hand mixer is one of my favorites because it is powerful, compact, and easy to use.
- This trifle bowl can also be used for other things other than just trifles.
What to Serve with Berry Cheesecake Trifle
- This is the perfect dessert to end any dinner with, but I love to serve it with my pork chop skillet dinner or with my Mexican spaghetti.
- Substitutions and Variations
- Use another type of snack cake. Any of Little Debbies or Hostess cakes would likely work, too.
- Substitute another type of soft fruit for the berries. You could try pineapple, kiwi, bananas or mango.
- Change up the flavor of the instant pudding. White chocolate or pistachio instant pudding would be yummy.
Store any leftover Berry Cheesecake Trifle, covered, in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Can I Freeze?
Yes, you can! Since this is a pudding-based dish, you could still it while slightly frozen for a delicious dessert to cool off with in the Summer. You can freeze it in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
- 12 – 13 Twinkies
- 1 package (3.4oz/113g) instant vanilla pudding
- 1 package (3.4oz/113g) instant lemon pudding
- 3 cups milk, divided
- 1/3 cup blackberries
- 3/4 cup raspberries
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 1 ½ cups strawberries, sliced
- 2 (8 oz/250g) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups whipped topping, divided
- Layer 6 ½ Twinkies at the bottom of a trifle bowl covering the entire bottom. Spread sliced strawberries evenly on top of Twinkies.
- In mixing bowl, beat one package of the cream cheese with a mixer until creamy. Continue mixing over medium low speed and add in 1 ½ cups milk. Then add the lemon instant pudding mix and beat till fully mixed. Turn off mixer and stir in 1 cup whipped topping.
- Spoon the lemon cheesecake mixture on top of the strawberry layer in the trifle bowl.
- Spread blueberries and blackberries evenly over lemon cheesecake mixture.
- Layer the rest of the Twinkies on top of the blueberry/blackberry layer.
- In mixing bowl, beat the second package of the cream cheese with a mixer until creamy.
- Continue mixing over medium low speed and add in 1 ½ cups milk. Then add the vanilla instant pudding mix and beat till fully mixed. Turn off mixer and stir in 1 cup whipped topping. Spoon the vanilla cheesecake mixture on top of the Twinkie layer in the trifle bowl.
- Top with raspberries.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 629Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 653mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 3gSugar: 36gProtein: 11g