Get ready for some easy comfort food! This Lasagna Tater Tot Casserole has all the flavours of lasagna we love plus the addition of delicious Tater Tots. It’s simple to assemble and is a family favourite in our home.
The bottom layer is meaty part of a lasagna with ground beef, onions, mushrooms, spices and your favourite spaghetti sauce.
Then on top of that, you’ll add a layer of creamy cottage cheese. I use the full fat variety because it is comfort food, after all.
Grab those frozen Tater Tots from your freezer and layer them on top of the cottage cheese. Don’t worry, they’ll bake completely in the oven. This casserole bakes for about 45 minutes.
The top layer is ooey gooey mozzarella cheese and a sprinkling of Italian seasoning. Serve it hot and fresh from the oven. I serve ours in bowls because it is a little messy! It may not be the prettiest casserole you’ve seen, but it sure tastes good. I hope you enjoy it!
Another name for Tater Tot lasagna is Totsagna. It has a nice ring to it, don’t you think?
If you’re looking for more Tater Tot casseroles to try, you’re in luck! Check out my Tater Tot Casserole, Mexican Tater Tot Casserole, Pizza Tater Tot Casserole and a list of other Tater Tot casseroles to add to your family’s menu plan. I may have more in the works too so keep an eye on my blog!
Do you think your family would enjoy this Lasagna Tater Tot Casserole?
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (24oz/650ml) jar pasta sauce
- 2 (16oz/500g) containers cottage cheese
- 1 (2lb/800g) package frozen Tater Tots
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add ground beef, onions, garlic and mushrooms to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until onion is softened and meat is cooked (about 7 to 8 minutes). Turn off the heat. Stir in pasta sauce.
- Spread meat mixture on the bottom of the casserole dish. Cover with a layer of cottage cheese. Top evenly with a layer of frozen Tater Tots.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and top with cheese and Italian seasoning. Put back in the oven to bake an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve hot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 587Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 1540mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 4gSugar: 9gProtein: 40g