Greek Pasta Salad is super easy and delicious! This summer BBQ side dish is packed with tender noodles, black olives, tomatoes, cucumbers, and feta cheese.
I’ve been making this recipe for Greek Pasta Salad since my early 20s. Not only is it easy to make, but it’s always well received at family functions and at our own dinner table. When I make this salad, there is rarely any leftovers. You can double (or triple) the recipe to serve a larger crowd.
Any kind of pasta will do. I like the look of the rotini noodles but have also used bowtie pasta for this recipe in the past.
If you enjoy the flavor of Greek salad, give this pasta salad a try! It’s fresh and delicious and a recipe that I personally keep coming back to summer after summer. Really you could eat this any time of year, but summer seems to be the season of pasta salad don’t you think?
Why You’ll Love This Greek Pasta Salad
- Fresh, flavorful ingredients
- Easy BBQ side dish
- Ready in 20 minutes
- Leftovers are delicious
- Amazing homemade dressing
The ingredients for this salad are very easy to find at grocery stores and easy to throw together for a quick cookout or to go with a weeknight dinner.
For the Salad
- 1 Package of Rotini pasta will serve as the base for the pasta salad.
- Feta Cheese, crumbled has so much flavor. It is slightly tangy and adds the perfect flavor to the base.
- Cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, red onion, pitted kalamata olives, and green onions are the fresh ingredients that blend together to create an irresistible blend of flavors that doesn’t over power the dressing.
For the Dressing
- Extra virgin olive oil will give the dressing a bit of a slip and make it easy to spread.
- Garlic, oregano, and pepper are the spices that will be used for this salad.
- Apple cider vinegar and lemon juice will add a bit of acid to the salad which will help kick up all of the delicious flavors of this salad.
*Please see the recipe card below for full details and quantities.*
How to Make Greek Pasta Salad
Making this pasta salad is incredibly easy and quick to make. Within just 3 steps, you will have a delicious side meal and not a lot of dishes to do afterwards.
- Step One: First, cook the rotini pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Step Two: Combine the cooked pasta, feta cheese, cucumber, red onion, tomatoes, olives and green onions into a large bowl.
- Step Three: In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, and pepper. Pour the mixture over the salad and then toss gently until it is well coated.
This post contains affiliate links.
- This bowl is my favorite salad bowl. It is large enough so when tossing the salad, nothing will spill out over the bowl.
- This whisk is my favorite one for mixing together the dressing and it is pretty easy to clean compared to other ones I have used.
- This garlic press is my favorite one because it is easy to clean and it doesn’t make your hands sticky like if you were cutting the garlic by hand.
What to Serve with Greek Pasta Salad
This pasta salad goes well with anything but I recommend serving it during a BBQ with my Maple Dijon Grilled Chicken or with my Grilled Zucchini Roll-Ups. Not only is the pasta salad good for BBQ’ing, but also for any weeknight dinner.
Substitutions and Variations
- Make it gluten free by adding gluten free pastas.
- Instead of using apple cider vinegar, try using balsamic vinegar or even red wine vinegar for a different flavor variation.
- Add protein to the salad by mixing in grilled chicken strips.
Store any leftover Greek Pasta Salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Can I Freeze?
I wouldn’t recommend freezing this Greek Pasta Salad, but it does keep well in the fridge so you can make the pasta the day before and assemble the next day when it is needed.
Pasta Salad Recipes
- Bacon Pea Pasta Salad
- Chili Pasta Salad
- Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- Chicken Fajita Pasta Salad
- Pasta Salad Recipes for a Summer Picnic
- Tortellini Salad
- Macaroni Dill Salad
If you make the recipe, rate it on the recipe card below and tag me on Instagram and use #simplystacie. I like sharing the photos on my Instagram stories!
- 1 package rotini pasta, uncooked (16oz/454g)
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoons oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, feta cheese, cucumber, red onion, tomatoes, olives and green onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, oregano and pepper. Pour over salad and toss gently.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 295Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 303mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g