French Fry Casserole
French Fry Casserole is comfort food extraordinaire! This simple casserole can be assembled in a matter of minutes.
The bottom layer is a seasoned ground beef topped with creamy mushroom and cheese sauce followed by a crispy golden French fries.
French Fry Casserole
I know French fries may not be the first ingredient you think of when it comes to casseroles, but once you try this recipe, you’ll see how well it works.
We buy lots of frozen French fries here for a quick side dish for dinner. I also use them to make poutine.
I had a craving for French fries and thought to try it out in a casserole recipe. I’m so glad I did because it was delicious and a hit with my family. I’ll definitely be making this recipe again!
How to Make French Fry Casserole
For this recipe, you’ll need uncooked ground beef, salt, pepper, cream of mushroom soup, cheddar cheese soup and frozen French fries.
Spread the uncooked ground beef on the bottom of a 9×13 casserole dish. Season the beef with salt and pepper.
Don’t worry – the beef will cook in the oven so it doesn’t need to be pre-cooked.
Spread a can of cream of mushroom soup and cheddar cheese soup on top.
Top with frozen French fries.
Bake for 1 hour at 350F. Serve hot. Top with green onions if you like.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Here are some kitchen tools to help you make this recipe.
This recipe is a meal on its own so you don’t really need to have any other side dishes unless you want to. I found it hearty and filling. It may not be the healthiest recipe, but that’s ok. Sometimes, all you want is a little comfort food to fill your soul.
For the fries, use your favourite brand. I love the McCain Superfries because they bake up nice and crispy. Bridget won’t eat fries if they are soggy and they need to be extra crispy. Picky, picky!
Craving casseroles? I have you covered. Try these yummy recipes.
- Tortellini Casserole: Hearty and delicious. This easy pasta casserole has beef tortellini smothered in a savory rose sauce, veggies and loads of cheese.
- Tater Tot Casserole: A classic comfort food casserole your family will love! It has a layer of ground beef mixed with a creamy veggie sauce and topped with crispy Tater Tots and melted cheddar cheese.
- Chicken & Broccoli Casserole: A twist on my Mom’s classic recipe! Enjoy as a comfort food meal or a holiday side dish.
- Beef Noodle Bake: Hearty, filling and oh so cheesy! This comfort food recipe hits all the spots.
- Beef Nacho Bake: Exactly what you need to make when you are craving something hearty and filling. It’s easy to make and so delicious.
Do you think your family would enjoy French Fry Casserole?
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 10oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 10oz can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 650g package frozen french fries
- salt and pepper
- green onions, for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spread uncooked ground beef on the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread cream of mushroom soup and cheddar cheese soup on top. Top with frozen french fries.
- Bake for 1 hour. Serve hot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 bowl
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 373Total Fat: 12.6gSaturated Fat: 3.4gTrans Fat: 0.1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 1435.3mgCarbohydrates: 43.1gFiber: 5.2gSugar: 4gProtein: 20.7g