Sausage & Cabbage Soup
This soup reminds me a little of Cabbage Roll Soup minus the rice. I also used sausage instead of beef. It’s warm, comforting, hearty and low carb. You won’t even miss the rice, promise!
It makes a HUGE pot so you’ll have lots of leftovers unless you are feeding a large group of people. I warmed up a bowl in the microwave the next day and it still tasted delicious.
A little tip is to add sugar to your soup to get rid of that tinny taste from the canned tomatoes. If you are watching your sugar, leave it out. No biggie.
It tastes delish on its own, but if you are wanting to add a little oomph to your site, try a spoonful of sour cream or a sprinkling of cheddar cheese.
Would you like a nice big bowl of soup?
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage, casings removed, cooked and drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 7 cups cabbage, chopped
- 3 28oz cans diced tomatoes + 1 can water
- 2 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- In large pot, stir together all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Remove bay leaf before serving.
- Cuisinart 766-24 Chef's Classic 8-Quart Stockpot with Cover
- New Star Foodservice 42917 Stainless Steel 4pcs Measuring Cups and Spoons Combo Set
- OXO Good Grips Wooden Corner Spoon & Scraper
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 bowl
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 131 Total Fat: 1.7g Saturated Fat: 0.5g Unsaturated Fat: 0.9g Cholesterol: 9.5mg Sodium: 1017.7mg Carbohydrates: 25.3g Fiber: 4.5g Sugar: 10.9g Protein: 7g