As a child I wouldn’t have touched this Broccoli Salad recipe with a ten foot pole. I was a veggie hating kid and I didn’t discriminate. I hated all vegetables equally. Now that I’m an adult, my tastes have drastically changed. I can’t get enough of those fresh, vibrant, nutrient-packed veggies. The more a recipe has, the better! My mom’s Best Broccoli Salad is a recipe that I can easily have two full servings. It’s delicious and filling on it’s own.
The longer you let the salad marinate in the dressing, the better. Leftovers are even better than freshly made, in my opinion!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family has. What do you put in your Broccoli Salad recipe?
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 10 oz can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- In a medium saucepan, whisk eggs, sugar, cornstarch and mustard powder. Stir in vinegar and water.
- Heat over medium heat, whisking frequently, until thickened (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat. Stir in mayonnaise. Set aside to cool.
- Add broccoli florets to a large bowl. Pour in cooled dressing and stir to combine. Let sit for 2 hours in the fridge to marinate.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 416Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 409mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 3gSugar: 30gProtein: 11g