These Pizza Wonton Cups are so easy and ready in just half an hour. All your favorite pizza toppings are stuffed into these crunchy wonton wrappers with marinara sauce and cheese, of course.
I’ve made mini pizzas on English muffins and even whipped up a batch of Pizza Muffins. Once I made these Pizza Wonton Cups, I was hooked! I love the crisp wontons you get at the Chinese buffet. This mixes wontons with pepperoni pizza for an easy family favorite.
These are perfect for a game night or movie night. I’ve even served them for dinner paired with a Caesar salad. The kids gobble them up! I love how easy they are to make and that you can change up the toppings to create a totally different pizza recipe.
- Wonton wrappers: Look for wonton wrappers in the produce section in your grocery store. They are refrigerated! You’ll be able to make lots of wonton cups from one package. I used a little less than half a package for this recipe.
- Pizza sauce: Make your own marinara sauce or dress up a jar of pizza sauce. I’ve also been known to change the sauce completely for a pesto pizza cup or a barbecue chicken pizza cup.
- Mozzarella cheese: It’s not pizza without cheese! Mozzarella is the quintessential pizza cheese, but you can always use cheddar, Colby Jack, or any cheese that melts. Parmesan cheese too, please!
I usually keep it simple with pepperoni and diced bell pepper in my pizza cups, but you can use any toppings you want! Make sure any proteins are already cooked before adding to the cups.
What I Used For This Recipe
This post contains affiliate links.
Cheese grater: You can always buy pre-shredded cheese, but I find that freshly grated cheese melts better.
How To Make It
- First, prep your muffin pan, and line each cup with 2 wonton wrappers.
- Then, add a little marinara sauce to the wonton wrappers, sprinkle with cheese, and top with pepperoni and diced bell peppers. Add a dash of Italian seasoning, too, for that perfect pizza flavor.
- Finally, bake until the cheese is melted and the wonton wrappers are golden brown.
You can switch it up with any toppings you love, or keep it perfectly plain for cheese pizza cups! There’s no wrong ways to make this yummy pizza appetizer.
Can You Freeze Wonton Cups?
These pizza cups are so easy to make 1 or 100, I usually make what I need. However, these are easy to freeze, just like a frozen pizza!
Bake the pizza cups, and let them cool completely. Then, freeze them on a baking sheet until they’re solid. You can transfer them to a container or freezer-safe bag for easy storage.
Simply bake them again at 350 degrees F until they’re warmed through in the center.
The Best Pizza Toppings
Pepperoni is by far the most popular pizza topping. But there are no end to toppings and combinations you can use to change these pizza cups up!
Sausage, ground beef, bacon, and ham are all great meat pizza toppings. Be sure any meat you use is fully cooked before baking.
I love veggies on all my pizzas. Mushrooms, tomatoes, olives, onions, banana peppers or spinach are all amazing pizza toppings. If you love Hawaiian pizza, add pineapple to the mix!
Be careful with any wet ingredients, like mushrooms and spinach. Cook and drain as much as you can for the crunchiest filled wonton cups.
If you need more ideas, my extensive pizza board on Pinterest is full of inspiration! You’ll find a ton of ideas for different kinds of pizzas to make with wonton wrappers.
What To Serve With This
I love pizza and pasta salad. This simple Italian pasta salad is perfect for potlucks or a simple dinner.
Have you ever had pizza dip? It’s such a fun party food topped with melted mozzarella and pepperoni.
Cheese sticks are great, but mozzarella balls are better. Make these in the air fryer with a zesty tomato dipping sauce!
Wings and pizza are a match made in heaven. These zesty Asian chicken wings with a homemade sesame and hoisin sauce will be the hit of your next tailgate table!
More Easy Recipes You’ll Love
- Taco Wonton Cups
- Busy Day Soup
- Tater Tot Casserole
- Chicken Fajita Wonton Cups
- Pizza Tater Tot Casserole
Do you have any amazing pizza recipes? I’m always looking for more recipes to try! Follow me on Instagram @simplystacieblog, on Facebook at Simply Stacie, and on Pinterest @SimplyStacie and let me know how you liked this and my other recipes!
- Cooking spray
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 can pizza sauce (213 ml)
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped small
- 1/8 cup pepperoni, cut into quarters
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray. Line each muffin cup with a two wonton wrappers each.
- Add 1 tsp pizza sauce to each wonton cup. Top with 1 to 2 tsp of mozzarella cheese, pepperoni slices and green peppers. Sprinkle a pinch of Italian seasoning on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and wontons are golden brown. Serve hot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 86Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 190mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 4g