“If you like Pina Colada….”. Now, I have that song in my head. I do like virgin Pina Coladas, and these simple muffins have the same mouthwatering flavours!
Pina Colada Muffins
They are incredibly moist and not overly sweet. These muffins make a delicious breakfast or afternoon snack. They make 24 muffins so you can give some to friends or freeze them to enjoy later on.
I love eating muffins with my morning coffee. They have a nice tropical taste with the addition of pineapple and coconut. Yum!
Are you a fan of the flavours of Pina Coladas?
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 tsp rum extract
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 14oz/398ml can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Beat sugar, eggs, butter, sour cream and rum extract until combined. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add pineapple and coconut. Stir.
- Add 24 cupcake liners to muffins. Fill about 3/4 way full with muffin batter. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a cooling rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 243mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 3g