This isn’t a dream! Try this Honey Banana Grilled Cheese Sandwich for a sweet breakfast treat or an easy dessert!
Honey Banana Grilled Cheese Sandwich
There’s something perfect about a grilled cheese sandwich: the crunch of the toasted bread, the gooey cheese inside — it just cures everything. This Honey Banana Grilled Cheese Sandwich is a sweet twist on the original with mascarpone cheese, sliced bananas, and a glorious honey drizzle to tie it together.
It’s rich! It’s buttery! And it was a hit with my kids! It’s not something I’d make every day because of the price of the mascarpone cheese, but every once in a while, it’s a nice treat.
Love new takes on the classic grilled cheese? You might also like my Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese!
There’s only five ingredients in this unique breakfast sandwich! You could definitely add other fruits but I love this combination so much. It’s a great way to use your almost stale bread and very ripe bananas, too!
- Mascarpone cheese
Did I mention how easy this recipe is to make? Make it the same way you would a regular grilled cheese sandwich! If you don’t want to use mascarpone cheese, ricotta cheese would also work. Look for the extra smooth variety if you can.
What I used for my Honey Banana Grilled Cheese Sandwich
This post contains affiliate links.
- Spatula: This is my favorite spatula for flipping pancakes, vegetables, sandwiches and more on the stove. Perfect for your nonstick pans!
- Measuring cups: A good set of measuring spoons and cups is essential in every kitchen and these are great! They nest into each other for easy storage and stay clipped together!
- Non-stick skillet: A good nonstick skillet is something to treasure, and this one is no exception. It comes with a great glass lid to see what’s going on inside and a long handle for easy use.
How to Make Honey Banana Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- First, spread your softened butter on one side of each piece of bread. This will be the outside of your sandwich.
- Next, on the dry side of one piece, add your bananas, honey, and mascarpone cheese and cover with the other piece of bread.
- Then, heat your skillet to medium-high heat and cook each side for about 3 minutes or until the bread is as brown as you’d like. Cut in half and enjoy while warm!
This breakfast sandwich is a bit of a mess, but it’s worth it! I like to make sure some of the banana pieces are close to the edge to act as a barrier for the gooey mascarpone and honey.
What to Serve with Breakfast Sandwiches
Sometimes a breakfast sandwich has everything you need to start the morning: protein, vegetables, maybe a little bit of carbs. This one is less well-rounded, but certain side dishes can help!
One of the best sources of protein for breakfast is the humble egg, which you can make a million different ways! Scrambled eggs are a great complement to this grilled cheese sandwich.
Looking for more fruit? A rainbow fruit salad is perfect with this and an amazing way to serve that fruit that’s juuust about to turn.
Other Grilled Cheese Recipes
Did I mention I love grilled cheese? I really do. Cheese is such a comforting ingredient, and so many things can go inside a grilled cheese! While the traditional white bread and yellow cheese is always a great jumping-off point, here are some of my other unique favorites:
- Caramel Apple Grilled Cheese with honey wheat bread is DIVINE
- Taco Grilled Cheese goes great with a bowl of Taco Soup or on its own!
- Blueberry Brie Grilled Cheese because this combination works on cheese boards, it DEFINITELY works in this sandwich
Other amazing recipes to try…
- Overnight Bacon Breakfast Casserole
- Honey Almond Breakfast Cups
- Apple Cinnamon Bun Casserole
- Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies
- Banana Bread Breakfast Casserole
- Cinnamon Banana Pancakes
Do you have any amazing family recipes? I’m always looking for more recipes to try! Follow me on Instagram @simplystacieblog, on Facebook at Simply Stacie, and on Pinterest @SimplyStacie and let me know how you liked this and my other recipes!
- 3 teaspoons salted butter, softened
- 2 slices bread
- 1/2 banana, peeled and sliced
- 3 teaspoon mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- On the non-buttered side, add toppings and cover with other slice of buttered bread. The buttered side should be facing outwards.
- Heat a skillet to medium-high heat. Grill each side for 2 to 3 minutes or until desired doneness is reached. Cut in half and enjoy hot!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 463Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 518mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 3gSugar: 17gProtein: 8g