Beef Noodle Bake
What better way to spend an evening with family and friends than with a big heaping bowl of comfort food. This Beef Noodle Bake hits the spot. It’s hearty, filling and packed full of cheesy goodness. You’re going to want to make this recipe again and again.
It serves six to eight people (depending on the portion size) so it’s an excellent recipe to make when you have company over and want to impress them. I love all the layers of YUM. My favourite part is the ooey gooey cheese. Serve it hot and fresh out of the oven with a side salad and a buttered dinner roll.
I don’t know about you, but my holiday dinners are going to consist of lots of easy meals like this one or maybe these Blue Bayou Scalloped Potatoes.
For more holiday entertaining ideas, check out my Holiday Entertaining Guide.
What comfort foods are you serving lately?
Beef Noodle Bake
Hearty, filling and oh so cheesy! This comfort food recipe hits all the spots.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 1/2 cups egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- green onions, chopped, for garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onions over medium high heat, stirring often, until beef is cooked and onions are softened. Remove from heat. Stir in tomato sauce, sour cream, cream cheese, sugar and garlic salt.
- Grease a 9×13 casserole dish. Spread half the noodles along the bottom. Top with half the beef mixture. Repeat layers.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with green onions. Serve hot.