Are you planning on serving carrots this Thanksgiving? I suggest taking them up a notch with this yummy Parmesan Roasted Carrots recipe! Think tender and perfectly roasted carrots topped with fresh thyme and melted Parmesan cheese. So tasty!
Parmesan Roasted Carrots
It’s funny because I used to despise carrots until I was about 20 years old. You’d think the kid me would have liked them because they are one of the sweeter vegetables. I turned my nose up at them and thought they were “yucky”. My dad always told me that carrots were good for my eyes and I should eat what my mom put on my plate. Now I wear glasses all the time and have terrible eye sight. Maybe my dad was right?
I like my carrots on the softer side and if you do too, make sure you test the consistency of one before you turn off the oven. My cousin was here when I made them and said she likes hers a little crunchy. If you are like her, then don’t leave them to roast as long. I’m thinking just eat them raw if you like them crunchy! Softer carrots are the way to go, in my opinion!
Whatever you decide to do, you’ll still end up with a beautiful and delicious side dish to accompany your family’s meal.
You might also like these Sweet and Sour Carrots.
Will carrots be on your Thanksgiving table this year?
- Cooking spray
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and cut into sticks
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 450F. Grease a medium sized casserole dish with cooking spray. Add carrots, olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme in a bowl and toss to combine. Place in casserole dish.
- Roast, uncovered, for 8 minutes and then stir. Put back in the oven for an additional 8 to 12 minutes, or until carrots are roasted to your desired tenderness.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle on Parmesan cheese. Toss to combine. Serve hot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 67Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 424mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 2g