Today is the 4th of July for the USA, but it’s also Caesar Salad day! I was a fussy kid and the only salad I would eat was Caesar Salad. It’s typically made with romaine lettuce, croutons, Parmesan cheese. lemon juice, olive oil, an egg, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and black garlic. However, I’ve seen it served many ways by adding some grilled chicken or a creamy dressing and even lobster.
This recipe for Warm Caesar Potato Salad is more Caesar salad than potato salad in my opinion. It has many of the traditional Caesar salad ingredients, but also adds some cooked potatoes. The potatoes are cooked in the dressing on the stovetop so the fresh garlic flavour can permeate. It is SO GOOD! I often having cravings for this salad.
Serve it with some barbecued steak and you have a delicious meal.
- 6 red potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp mustard
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¾ cup garlic croutons
- salt & pepper
- Boil potatoes in salted water until just tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly. Cut into cubes. Set aside.
- Tear lettuce into bite sized pieces and put in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and cook the garlic for 2 minutes. Stir in lemon juice, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and salt and pepper.
- Add in potatoes and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour potato mixture into bowl with lettuce and toss. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and toss. Add croutons to individual salad plates, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 735Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 382mgCarbohydrates: 101gFiber: 12gSugar: 9gProtein: 15g