White Chocolate Cherry Banana Bread is a great twist on the classic!
Banana bread is the ultimate comfort food for me whether it’s breakfast or dessert, and this White Chocolate Cherry Banana Bread has all the banana bread flavor with the added hit of creamy white chocolate and tart cherries!
This deliciously moist banana bread is also chocked full of maraschino cherries and white chocolate. If you added in some nuts and milk chocolate, it would taste just like a banana split! I promise you can eat this for breakfast, too! The flavors go great with a hot cup of coffee.
If you’re in a baking mood, try this Zucchini Bread for another tender, delicious loaf with veggies that vanish into the bread. Never let a zucchini go bad again!
This banana bread recipe is quick and easy and can be modified with tons of different mix-ins and fruits! I love the combination of white chocolate and cherries, so they’re always my go-to here.
- Bananas — the browner, the better!
- Vegetable oil
- Baking powder
- White chocolate
- Maraschino cherries
Prefer milk or dark chocolate? Switch it out! You can also use other fruits like strawberries, blueberries, or peaches in this dessert bread recipe.
What I used for my White Chocolate Cherry Banana Bread
This post contains affiliate links.
- Mixing bowls: I always use glass mixing bowls. My kids like being able to see inside them while I’m baking, and I find they wash clean easier than plastic!
- Potato masher: You can mash your bananas with a fork, but I find it faster and more efficient to use a potato masher! This one also makes very smooth mashed potatoes.
- Loaf pan: The perfect non-stick loaf pan! It’s great for meatloaves or sticky dessert breads.
How to Make White Chocolate Cherry Banana Bread
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. Get your loaf pan and grease it well to keep the bread from sticking to the sides.
- Next, mix together your eggs, mashed bananas, oil, and milk in a mixing bowl. Add your flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir gently until mixed but only just combined. Be careful not to overmix! I have electric mixers, but I find it makes the bread overly tough.
- Then, add your white chocolate chunks and cherries to the batter and gently fold them into the mixture.
- Finally, pour your batter into your greased loaf pan and bake for about an hour or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle of the loaf. If you hit a glob of white chocolate, prick a different spot. Let your loaf cool about 10 minutes in the pan before moving it to a wire rack. Serve warm — or at room temperature — and enjoy!
This is one of the easiest baking recipes! You can mix your dry ingredients together in a second mixing bowl before adding them to the wet ingredients, but I find it isn’t as necessary in this recipe.
How to Store
Banana bread will last a good 4 days on your counter before you could see it begin to dry out. As long as you see no mold on your bread, it should be safe!
Whatever you do, DON’T store bread, especially banana bread, in the refrigerator. While it may sound like a great idea to help keep it fresh, the cold circulated air in the fridge will dry out your bread faster than anywhere else.
Ever bring home a takeout sandwich or leftover roll, left it in the fridge, and tried to eat it the next day? No good.
How to Freeze
Bread actually fares very well in the freezer! Despite the harsh temperatures inside it, the quick freezing allows the bread to return to its original state with just a quick thaw.
To freeze this banana bread, I would slice it into servings first and separate them with parchment paper. Place slices into an airtight container or freezer-safe ziplock bag for up to 3 months for amazingly fresh White Chocolate Cherry Banana Bread whenever you want!
Make sure you get as much air out of your bag or container as possible to avoid freezer burn, and if you have aluminum foil, you can wrap each piece before freezing to ensure it stays fresher longer.
How to Thaw
There are so many ways to thaw banana bread or any other frozen bread!
If you have the time, leave the bread wrapped on your countertop. It will take about 30 minutes to thaw a slice versus about 4 hours for a full loaf.
If you don’t have the time for that, you can use your oven! Make sure the bread is wrapped in foil and put it in a 350-degree oven for about 90 minutes. Make sure you check throughout, perhaps with a meat thermometer, to see if the middle has thawed!
Once thawed in the oven, let it rest about 10 minutes before slicing. Slather with butter or enjoy it plain!
Other amazing dessert bread recipes to try…
- Blueberry Bread
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Lemon Bread
- Pineapple Cheese Bread
- Peach Bread
- Pumpkin Bread Pudding
Do you have any amazing banana bread recipes? I’m always looking for more recipes to try! Follow me on Instagram @simplystacieblog, on Facebook at Simply Stacie, and on Pinterest @SimplyStacie and let me know how you liked this and my other recipes!
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup white chocolate, roughly chopped
- ½ cup maraschino cherries, roughly chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan and set aside
- In a bowl, mix together eggs, bananas, oil and milk. Add in flour, sugar, baking power and salt and stir until moistened.
- Add in white chocolate and cherries and mix to combine. Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean from the centre of the loaf. Cool in pan for 10 minutes then remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 406Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 224mgCarbohydrates: 68gFiber: 2gSugar: 39gProtein: 6g