This month I’ve been on a no-bake treats kick! I love how easy these little sweets are to whip up and you can pretty much add any ingredient you like! I remember seeing this Betty Crocker recipe for Goldfish Drops a few years ago. My kids ate Goldfish crackers like they were going out of style when they were little. These tasty confections are similar to my recipe for No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Haystacks. It’s basically melting your base and adding in the various ingredients. This recipe for Goldfish Drops has butterscotch chips, original Goldfish crackers and pretzels. I’ve also made them with white chocolate chips, peanuts and vanilla Goldfish crackers.
They are sweet and a just a little bit salty thanks to the addition of the pretzels. And lots of crunch!
The last batch I made did not last very long!
A unique no-bake treat! Goldfish crackers are a staple in most homes with kids and here they are paired with melted butterscotch chips for an amazing sweet and salty treat.
- 1 package of butterscotch chips (about 1½ cups)
- 1 tbsp shortening
- 1 cup pretzels
- 2 cups original Goldfish crackers
- In a saucepan, melt the butterscotch and shortening over low heat, stirring often. Remove from heat.
- Stir in pretzels and Goldfish crackers.
- Drop by tablespoons onto wax paper. Leave to set at least an hour. Serve once butterscotch is firm. Makes about 18 to 20 drops.